Used 2012 Hyundai Accent GLS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

I'd put Accent at the top of the list
By king_james

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I am not sure why Accent was ranked lower than mazda, kia or ford... I'd like to put Accent at number 2 with Elantra being number 1 on the list (only because Elantra is a larger and more stylish model than Accent)... The Accent is a greater car than the mazda 2, ford fiesta, kia soul/forte or toyota yaris... Considering the performance and reliability (I got a 10-year/100,000 miles bumper to bumper on mine for a fraction of cost compared to other cars' base prices) it is the best option for quality/gas mileage/options... Just because ford provides two extra buttons on the steering wheel does not make it a better car... I'd buy a Hyundai over any brand on that list any given day...

review Edmunds list and give an honest ranking to the cars.

Bought for warranty
By redsedan

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car for the warranty. I had good luck with my last Accent (2003) and hope to have as good luck with this one. However, I much prefer my 2003 Accent over the 2012 one.

They need to supply a donut tire and a jack in the car. Most of the time I can't see the clock from the drivers seat. Too much glare. The clock should be on the left side of the radio instead of on the passenger side. The cup holder is in a very awkward position. You almost have to reach behind you to get it out while you're driving, and the arm rest is almost in the way of getting out the cup. I don't like having to shift thru 6 gears. I'd prefer a 4 gear or 5 at the most. Very cheap looking window buttons on the door. And worst of all, there's only one door out of four that has a key hole in it!! What do you do in the winter if your door lock freezes? How do you get in the car?

Low-end luxury
By tclune

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The car looks very nice inside and out, has excellent head and leg room, and excellent driver visibility on all sides. The rear view mirror has a bit of a letterbox view, which feels a bit constricted but offers all the visibility you need. I've been getting fuel efficiency in the high 30s on my commute. The 6-speed manual transmission has adequate pick-up when you need it and the road noise is minimal. The clutch is a bit soft. The dashboard instruments and controls are clean and clear. The trunk is quite spacious, and the back seat can fold down to provide additional room if needed. All in all, the car seems much roomier and better appointed than I would expect in a subcompact.

The sound system is a delight, and the well-controlled road noise means that you can appreciate it while tooling down the expressway. The fold-down arm rest on the driver's side is more comfortable than I was expecting it to be.

Add lumbar support to the driver's seat and include a spare tire and jack.

Not flashy, but real value
By gmsparzo

2012 Hyundai Accent Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I had an 09 Sonata that was totally with no injuries. So impressed with safety after the crash as well as quality and MPG, I bought another Hyundai. Originally I thought it was too small, but it has grown on me. Fun to drive. AMAZING gas mileage. The 6 speed is fun.

XM Radio, gas mileage, modern styling.

Ditch the 14" tires. It looks like a go-cart. Offer remote keyless entry and an external temp. gauge. The seat material is nice, the color is blah