2008 RTL
By MBB on
2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
The Ridgeline is turning out to be a near perfect vehicle for me. I'm a salesman, driving about 50K yearly, so my vehicle needs to be comfortable as well as practical. The Ridgeline's innovative trunk swallows up a couple of big plastic tubs full of catalogs, plus I can still get a garment bag flat on top of the tubs and get the lid closed, so that works great! Plus, my golf clubs fit perfectly under the back seat. So, for a full week of travel, everything I need either goes in the trunk or under the back seat other than my briefcase with laptop, which I don't trust to anything other than the back seat.
Favorite Features
After a long, hard winter with much more snow than usual, the VTM4 AWD system did a great job. Never once did I feel any loss of traction, even on very icy roads, and that's with the stock Michelin LTX M/S tires. Dedicated snow tires would be even better.
Suggested Improvements
Seems that the plastic bed panels scratch very easily, and it's white underneath, so the scratches really show. And I feel that the paint quality and thickness could be better. After just one winter, the paint all across the front of the hood and bumper is chipped badly from road sanding.