2008 Honda Fit Consumer Review: Surprise!

2008 Honda Fit - Consumer Review

2008 Honda Fit

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Surprise!
By Bigmark on

2008 Honda Fit 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

We went out looking for a used CR-V, something my son could drive. Well after being disappointed in the used car pricing, I walked past the Fit, and asked how much. Next thing I was driving it around the block, putting it through its paces. Now my wife is driving my Pilot, my son is driving her CR-V, and I am driving the Fit. I am a BIG guy, 350+, and this car is still roomy. Quick to react, and it has more than ample power to go down the highway (at the speed limit). It has none of the bells and whistles of the Pilot, but it is more fun to drive. If you are looking around for a commuter, this is the car for you.

Great handling, quick when it needs to be, and it is as easy to park as my Goldwing. If you are a Honda owner most of the controls are in the same spot (you don’t need to get use to where the windshield wiper controls are). For a small car it is tight as a drum, and it even has A/C.

There is a learning curve on where the front of the car is as you cannot see the hood at all. It could use another gear for freeway driving, but it still does not seem like a struggle even at 80 (oops, I was not paying attention to the speedo).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review