2009 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Love my first hybrid

2009 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Love my first hybrid
By hch2socal on

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Gave up my Acura TL after 7 great years. Was a little worried about "trading down" to Honda, but I couldn't be happier. Was looking for a commuter car, & this definitely fits the bill. It's very well built, nice interior, and easily fits 4 people (5 might be cozy, we haven't tried it yet). While not the most powerful car, it delivers what it needs to in most situations. It's quite loud around 3- 4K RPM (going up steep hills). But by far the best feature - 42MPG, as advertised. Got 51MPG today on a 74 mile drive. I don't mind sitting at stop lights as much anymore, since the car shuts off. It does lack in some "luxury" things (push button start, HID, etc), but for 22K, can't complain. Great car.

MPG, MPG, MPG, Engine shut off at stop lights, Reliability / Build Quality, Exterior (Looks great in black with tinted windows).

Flying Saucer Wheels are just ugly (IMO) - some people like the "hybrid" look of them. I don't. Will be switching those out ASAP. Needs more options - current options are only nav and leather.