1999 Honda Civic 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - great sports car on a

1999 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Review

great sports car on a budget
By rmcdaniels on

1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe

Great car, fun to drive, good performance, good handling, looks good, and reliable too. I love tearing around in this car every day. It had no torque, but Jackson Racing fixed that. I still can't believe how much power I can reliably squeeze out of a 1.6L motor. The brakes were also mediocre, but AEM took care of that. A few more mods and this car will be more fun than my M3 was, at a fraction of the price. If you get one, put a good alarm on it because people like to steal stuff off of it, like the wheels, and especially that little red Si sticker on the back.

Favorite Features

rev-happy engine, plethora of available performance mods, clean sporty lines of coupe

Suggested Improvements

ABS, big time. Limited slip differential, after a few mods, the open diff becomes very annoying. Some parts are also very expensive, $122 for a shift knob is insane and it should not cost more to replace the stock wheels/tires than it does to buy a set of 17's. Better seats.