1994 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
best civic ever
By samehkane on 09/15/13 03:58 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

best handling car - great performance - all thing work perfectly after all this year - best value for money - can easily beat any car in its class - very sporty

5 yr. ownership
By Linas on 02/05/10 11:52 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 128,000 miles on it. I am very satisfied with it and like the performance and handling of the car. It is a manual transmission and the shifts are smooth. I have not made any major repairs on it. I have taken 1000 mile road trips with this car. I am looking forward to buying a Civic Si soon.

i love my honda
By gigi48 on 09/26/08 18:04 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My 94 Honda Civic has taken me across the country and back without fail. This is a great car that has been extremely reliable. I have owned the car since 98 and have had no major mechanical problems. At 130k, I had to replace the ignition switch. The part was $40 and it was easy enough that I did the work myself. Great car!

Worth Every Cent
By JaxBorn on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought my EX sedan new in April '94 and its been extremely reliable. Its inexpensive to own and fun to drive (I've got the 5-sp manual). I've got about 123,000 miles on it now and expect it to last at least a few more years without any problems. It's inexpensive to fix -- not that anything has gone wrong cause it hasn't. Yeah, I do the required maintenance and replaced the timing belt, water pump, etc at 90,000 miles. The VTec engine is OK, there's some power but it's a small engine so don't expect much. My next car will be a Honda product.

i love my honda
By mjbotti on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Its been the the most inexpensive, reliable, fun to drive car i've ever owned. With 130,000 miles it still runs like it just rolled off the assembly line, and as a plus, on a warm sunny day you can't help but get in ur civic roll down the windows and cruise! My next car WILL be a honda!

first car
By dx373.8 on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Well, seeing as this is my first car, I would like to point out that it has no competition. I love it. I've had it for 6 months now, and have enjoyed every minute of owning it. I have to point out that power is lacking a bit. Even when revving at 5ooo rpm, the car barely feels like it's moving when me and my friends are in it.The car has an endearing character that says to me, "Let's go drive!" Also, the interior is great. I love all of the standard features. However, the tires don't work well at all in the rain, and the stereo sucks. Oh well, I guess I can't have it all. Anyway, it truly is a great car.

Honda Civics Are Great Cars
By Deidra V. on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned 3 Honda Civics and have loved them all. They are a very reliable car, fun to drive and great gas mileage. Only one compliant is the paint doesn't hold up well. Overall it's an excellent car.

Don't miss this boat!!
By dailydriver/racerX on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this Honda new nearly 10 years ago and it still runs and drives as well today as when new. This model offers great mileage, and a sporty driving experience for those so inclined. The eqpmt levels on the EX version are high, and most new cars I have recently driven have not measured up to the high standards set by this car. I have never had a mechanical failure or engine problem, and only performed routine maintenance. Upgrade to better aftermarket tires to get the most out of it.

What a great little car
By greatlilcar on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new in 1994 and it has been no trouble at all for 157,000 miles. I take very good care of it and do all the routine maintenance by the book myself, oil, tranny fluid, brake pads, tires, spark plugs and the timing belt at 90,000 miles. I have kept all gas mileage receipts since she was new and overall average 32mpg in mixed driving with the automatic. The body looks like new and the interior shows only very minor wear on drivers seat and drivers floor carpet.

1994 EX Sedan
By MSisson on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

We bought our EX sedan new in July of 1994 and it has been extremely reliable, easy on gas and, generally, a very positive experience to own. The engine and drivetrain have performed flawlessly. The fit and finish are first rate. Our only minor complaints are: cheap, flimsy cupholders; overly large rear door pillars that restrict rearview visability and less than exceptional torque and power. The car currently has 95K and I expect it will readily get 200K or more with minimal investment in replacement parts and service. All and all a very efficient little sedan that's a little boring to drive, but always gets you where you are going.