1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
92 Honda Accord
By chdoctor on 09/21/05 00:23 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

No matter how many times we think we're going to replace this thing, it just doesn't make sense to do so. Pre- dating our first child by three years, it will probably be the one she learns to drive. It runs great, and any repairs are predictable and occasional. Great highway car and great for tooling up, down, and all around hilly roads. Excellent handling on curves. Will probably replace our old Accord someday with a newer Accord.

Honda EX 1992
By EXBOY on 08/30/05 19:15 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have been driving this 1992 EX Sedan since I got it right off the truck with 4 miles on it. The car still runs like a brand new Honda.

My First Honda is 13 Years Old already!
By Rose on 08/08/05 11:21 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I decided to purchase a Honda Accord used recently. It was the best decision I made in a car ever. The interior looks great. The maintenance on the car by the previous owners has lead me to believe that anyone who owns a Honda has a deep respect for it. It's a great car whether it's 13 years old or 13 minutes old.

great car, but getting old...
By 92 Honda EX on 07/11/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I have really enjoyed owning this car. I have the 5spd and it has been very fun to drive. Despite not being a sports car, it has a sporty appearence with the 2drs, spoiler and sun roof. The car has however not been without problems. Since I bought it, I have had problems starting it in hot, humid weather. At 180,000 miles the oil pan seal wore and needed to be replaced, at 190,000 miles the head was found to be cracked and the car would not start. This is a very expensive problem to have fixed. Currently, it seems that the fuel pump is about to go. Despite the problems I have had, I would not hesitate to recommend the same car to someone else.

Honda
By Bob on 05/14/05 18:33 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This car has given us many great miles, but the transmission is wearing out. At 13 years old, this car could use new struts, tie-rod ends, and shocks.

Great Dependable Cat
By 92HondaEX on 04/09/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought a new 92 Honda Accord EX 2DR coupe in Mar 1993 and traded in a 1985 Honda Accord. This has been a great car and very dependable. During the first 100,000 miles I had no problems what so ever. I did all the scheduled maintenance and changed the oil regularly using Mobil 1 Synthetic. Always tried to use genuine Honda parts. Recently had to replace the radiator and the clutch after 143000 miles. I bought a 2004 Acura TL last year but could not get myself to trade in the Honda, so I kept it. I still use the Honda to drive to work and whenever the weather is bad. Change the timing belt every 60,000 miles and the car will last. This is a super car!

My rockin' Honda!
By Nick on 03/21/05 21:48 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This car is great! I love hondas. my mom has an accord wagon and my dad has a civic. they both love them. This car is perfect. it runs great. it starts up like it was brand new, and its really fun to drive. I couldn't ask for more!

Fun Car
By tango on 03/19/05 20:09 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This is a very fun car to drive. It ran rough when I bought it through ebay with135K, but since a full tuneup, it has run very nicely. I have had to replace an electric fuel injection part, and much of the A/C. Along with routine stuff (brakes, belts, tires, etc.) it has been a great daily driver for nearly a year. It will need some exhaust work soon.

Good Value, Great Reliability
By R. Hunt on 02/20/05 19:28 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

In 13 years of ownership, I had no significant mechanical repairs on this car. With normally scheduled oil, filter, and coolant change, the only non preventive work on the car was muffler and brake work. Although winter salt took its toll on mufflers and brake rotors, I never had a speck of rust on the body. The car started and operated reliably in all extremes of weather.

I love my Honda Wagon!
By samantha on 12/22/04 22:27 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

This car has gotten me through heavy commutes in bad-traffic Seattle, a trip cross country, and many, many rainy trips up and down I-5. It has always been reliable and the little maintenance I have had done has only been basic keep-up projects like new tires, brake pads, and oil changes.