1992 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Excellent Car (EX Sedan Automatic)
By creek2013 on 08/15/13 15:05 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I don't think I can say much negative about this car - I'd say it has everything a driver needs plus more. I've been driving it for a little bit more than 3 years now - it is my first car. It's reliable, sporty, comfortable, and I think it looks awesome (no mods)! I happened to come across one that looked like new, and it rocks! Only minor problems so far I'd say - like hoses leaking, otherwise, great car. I think I just hit the 180000 mile mark - I think it has yet to hit it's break-in point...may drive this car for years to come!

Better than my 99 EX-L??
By thafh on 04/05/11 16:22 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This has got to be the best honda I've owned!! I owned a 99 EX-L in the early 2000s. It was a 5 speed too, but it had more room and leather/wood trim. This one is 7 years older, yet has everything that car has except the leather/wood! I only paid $1500 for this car in September of 2010. I paid $15,000 for my 99 in 2001. Even though it isn't a vtec either, there was only an 8hp difference from the 99. I'm still stumped on which one is better!! lol. My 92 has 258k on it, and the 99 had 191k on it when i sold it in 06... I've owned 5 accords in my life (3 91s, 92, 99) but the 92 and 99 ex's stand out! When I finish school, I plan on an 06-07 V6 sedan 6spd!

GREAT CAR
By megsiep52 on 01/06/11 13:34 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my accord with 219k miles on it a few months ago and it now has 236k miles on it. had to bleed the clutch, but it runs great. Leaks a little oil, but it's 18 years old and the leak is minimal at best. I love driving this car and even though I have a 1999 dodge minivan, I'd rather drive my accord and I trust the honda much more than the newer van. Great purchase! still retains more value than models 10 years newer! Love my car!!!k miles on it just a few months ago. Had to bleed the clutch, but since then, regular ROUTINE maintenence and it runs awesome. I've

I'll drive it till the wheels fall off
By Rene on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My step dad purchased this car brand new for 16k. He maintained it well with oil changes every 3k miles and not driving it hard. I wasn't exactly thrilled that this was going to be my first car and didn't expect it to last long as it already had 280k miles when I started driving it. That was 3 years ago. It now has 335k miles on it and I absolutely love this car. I will cry when it no longer runs. It is a manual and I've gotten a little over 500 miles out of one tank before. I think I average about 30-40mpg. I'm now doing research and test driving other cars for that sad day when I actually have to buy one. These are very well made and those who have problems obviously didn't take care of it

First Import Car
By Pittsburgh Pa on 10/26/09 11:27 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I love my 1992 Honda Accord EX . I just purchased it, and had all fluids and tires changed. The ride is soft but firm, and the acceleration is outstanding. I am the second owner and it has been well cared for. I am sure I will have it for another 200 thousand miles as I see these cars never die. I parked next to a brand new car, and mine looked every bit as nice as the new car did. I am proud to have purchased a Honda.

Best & Most Reliable Car Ever
By Don Watson on 02/26/09 19:26 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 92 Accord Oct 98 with 52.5K miles. I am the 2nd owner. It now has 261K miles. It has been maintained, w/ 3K oil changes, timing belt & water pump at 90K, trans serviced every 25K. Just replaced original muffler at 259.5K miles. Best vehicle I have ever owned and I believe it will run for at least 400K miles as long as I keep it maintained. The car still has great acceleration and will run at 80-85 MPH with no trouble. Cruise is best I have ever seen. Wish I could find another one with low mileage to purchase.

Top Notch
By joc1394 on 10/19/08 17:02 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This is the first car that I have actually owned. And over the last year, it has continually impressed me. It has never left me stranded (which can't be said about the much newer American car I drove prior to purchasing this one) and never seems to be grumpy. With regular maintenance, this car just keeps going and going and going. I purchased with 92k miles and currently have 106k miles on her. She leaks a little oil but after I buy $40 in parts from Honda and put them on, that problem will be solved. A fine car for the money, just beware the rust.

They don't make em like this anymore
By ENGR on 01/21/08 21:17 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought mine 4 years ago, with the plan to replace it after I graduated college. I got my degree last year and still driving the car. The car is an example of good design. Everything is easy to use, everything works well and it's a very reliable car. Having said that, I've had to do quite a bit of work on it: new radiator, water pump, oil filter seal, transmission CPU (the last automatic I will own). I kept the spark plugs in for 48k miles. But this is a 16 year old car that will do 85 all day, cross country, and I've done it many times. Still getting 23/28 mpg.

Great Car!
By Dan on 12/29/07 15:07 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for a year and just recently had to preform a major repair on it. Oil got into places it shouldn't have which really lowered performance. Since the repair this car has been excellent! It drives and accelerates like it never did before! It's roomy, fun, and comes with plenty of features. Easy to see out of as most of the car seems to be all windows. Parts of of quality and it is a solid ride. With 147K miles, I can't complain!

Straight Soldier
By Bosstone23 on 01/13/07 00:39 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Our Honda has been passed down throughout my family and will soon be sold. This car hauled an almost 2500 lb U-Haul trailer from Virginia to Arizona and is still kicking. Two things that commonly go in these due to bad circuit construction are the transmission computer and the main relay. New computer can be bought from ecmtogo for about $200 and relay is $60 at the dealer. Replacing these two parts is easy and should take care of most blinking D4 light issues. Aside from that, this car is a true champion of Japanese engineering and sets the standard for longevity.