1992 Honda Accord 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

EX Wagon (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Expensive Repairs
By rams007 on 02/11/09 16:01 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I bought a 1992 Accord EX wagon with 155,000 miles on it. First thing to go was the master cylinder - $200+. Then the the CV joints - $150 each. Then the key lock locked the key in the ignition - $100. After replacing the CV joints it took only 15,000 miles and the left one was out. These were OEM parts mind you. Then there's the timing belt that must be replaced every 90,000 - $600. I like Hondas but I would trade it before the warranty for sure. Buyer beware. I also had a Ford Crown Vic that got 24 mpg on the road and was still going strong at 260,000 miles. Repair costs - cheap.

I love my Honda Wagon!
By samantha on 12/22/04 22:27 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

This car has gotten me through heavy commutes in bad-traffic Seattle, a trip cross country, and many, many rainy trips up and down I-5. It has always been reliable and the little maintenance I have had done has only been basic keep-up projects like new tires, brake pads, and oil changes.

Great car
By Hondanut on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I bought this car new and have had little trouble other than maintenance. Currently 138K. For those who question the firm shift--the auto transmission shifts firmly but this is why it far outlasts any smoother shifting GM transmission. Smooth shifting comes from slipping clutches which accelerates wear. Firm shifts allow transmission life of 200M or more. Very durable, reliable car.

Not impressed
By johnnyspiker on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

This car jerks like no other. I'd rather have a GM car, but not bad on reliability at this tie they were defintley better than GM. If looking for this used I'd recomend but not new.