1991 Honda Accord 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Get one with low miles!

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

LX Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Get one with low miles!
By Dillon on

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Got this car after I wrecked my 93 Mustang for $1800 with about 165k miles on it. It's a good car, not much more could be asked for with the price I paid. The AC went from freezing me out to not working in a few weeks, the variable speed sensor is going out (a common problem with this model), the trunk is leaking, needs new CV joints, a tune up, and I have had head gasket work done, a new battery and alternator, and a new timing belt. It's a great car still, but it's a money pit. Once something goes wrong, everything starts to follow. The gas mileage is the saving grace; I get about 40 highway and around 32-34 in town.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and the suspension system. Electric seat belts, windows, and mirrors are a nice luxury. Lots of power for a 4 cylinder; it beat out a couple of V8's I've driven

Suggested Improvements

Not too much you could ask for from a really cheap car. The trunk is pretty bad about leaking, the speed sensor, and the CV joints are a big problem with this model.