1991 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews 6

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
What's not to love?
By TexasRooster on 12/24/04 15:50 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I've owned my '91 Accord EX for close to 10 years (I'm the 2nd owner), and have logged close to 200k of its 243k miles. This is the epitome of reliable, inexpensive transportation, with a good touch of class thrown in. Everything runs as smoothly as it did the day I bought it. No problems with body integrity or rust (although I do live in the snow-free South), and the sunroof has never had a leak. I have had a problem with the trunk leaking from time to time, however. Excellent brakes and handling, though the automatic transmission hasn't always been the smoothest-shifting. Fuel economy is good--I get about 26 mpg on the highway, around 22 in the city. A lot to love about this car!

Hail Honda!
By Merlin27316 on 11/09/04 08:26 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I've been driving this car for 13 years. I've replaced the timing belt twice as a preventitive measure and kept the oil changed anywhere from 3500-4000 mile intervals. I switched to Synthetic at 200,000 miles and still only lose 1/2 quart between oil changes and that appears to be through gaskets. Original clutch, alternator, A/C, starter, you name it. This car has never "broke down". My daughter rode in this car at 3 years of age and now she's driving it. I should have gone with the automatic trans but couldn't afford it at the time.

Clockwork.
By NCSUfan17 on 11/04/04 18:22 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Amazingly competent and RELIABLE ride. I purchased this car with 155,000 miles on the clock. It's now sitting on 185K, no major repairs whatsoever, still in excellent shape except for needing a motor mount (not so bad at 185K miles) and faded paint (13 years of non-garaged life take their toll). This car has been great to us, amazingly reliable, engine still pulls strong and transmission shifts smoothly. Decently fun to drive, comfortable, nice steering and handling, handsome if somewhat boring exterior. Great car, no regrets whatsoever. See you at 250,000!

tune it
By brandune on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

this is a great car. it loves to be pushed. its only a 4 cyl. but it is also very light. the trany is well built. i had to replace the original clutch at 110000mi. which is absolutly awsome. this is a great first car and is easily tunable. i got the car to 150 bhp with just barely over 300$ in engine upgrades.

Just Keeps Going
By Marks on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car new. After 13 years and 120,000 miles, it still looks so good inside and out, and it still works so well, that we continue to postpone any thoughts of trading it in. We have replaced the timing belt and exhaust system twice. Those are the only major maintenance items so far. Other minor repairs have included the driver's door latch (twice), and the rear speakers (cones rotted out from age). Otherwise it just keep going and going. This has to be one of the best models Honda has produced.

Best car for the money
By GGGman on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great car

Incredible (for a 13 year old car)
By moitz on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Pros: Roomy, comfortable, RELIABLE, still looks nice after 13 years. Interior still perfect. Handles like a dream. Quiet ride on Yokohama Avid H4. Good low and high end power. Cons: Rust. Automatic transmission tends to gear hunt a bit. Expensive routine maintenance (Honda plugs, Honda fluids, Honda filters, Honda pads, Honda rotors). Rust Timing belt every 60-90,000 miles. Rust. Windows tend to rattle and the track bolts need to be thread-locked into place. And did I mention rust? Verdict: SPECTACULAR budget commuter car.

Wagon Ho!
By steven A. on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

With well over 200K on the odometer, this baby runs like a dream needing only routine maintenance. Only broke down once in 12 years. Still feels tight and solid with only one little rattle in the dome light. Seems as if it will last forever if you take reasonable care of it. I am sold on Honda!

Awesome Car
By asdasdf on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Runs, handles and performs super. Excellent build quality

Honda Accord - 10 years use.
By N. Solis on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

My Accord now has 180000 miles on it. I like it very much and intend to replace it with another Accord or a Camry.