2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Gmc Sierra-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

Most Helpful|
Very satisfied Sierra owner.....exceeding my expectations...
By mbexx

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Seems to be numerous mediocre reviews of the Sierra/Silverado on here, and I fully respect each one. But I also felt obligated to offer up my experience to date.....one that is been very positive. I shopped all of the light duty V8 4x4 trucks, and can say objectively they're all good options. What sold the Sierra for me: ride quality. I have none of the vibrations mentioned in other reviews. The Tundra is close, but the road noise is much more pronounced. Interior: Subjective I know, but this 2014 interior is more ergonomic, user friendly, and more upscale than Ram, Tundra, Ford. MPG: I am a consistent 22MPG on highway. Price: Spec for spec, $6K less than others with GMC incentives

Favorite Features

Some perspective: I am a car enthusiast and have owned a good amount of cars and SUVs. I'm also not a brand loyalist...I enjoy trying different car makes and this is my first GMC. This Intellilink (Touch screen/Ipod/vehicle control) is a better interface than my 2012 BMW, and it blows away my 2011 Toyota Sienna. It is ahead of Ram, Ford (I'm sure the new 150 will up the ante), and Toyota. EcoTec! which shuts down 4 cylinders when not needed. You can actually see on the dash when you drop the 4 cylinders and it works seamlessly. I have to again mention how well this thing drives. One of the quietest vehicles (yes, cars included) I have ever owned. Towing is fantastic!

Suggested Improvements

HD Radio. Something is definitely wrong with either the software or HD service itself. It constantly is searching for the HD signal and as you wait, you are stuck with horrible reception. I've tried to just shut off the HD option, but it constantly reverts back to searching for HD stations. I'm praying this is a simple software update, but have to say....it is that bad. And.......that's really it. For the price and what it is built to do, this is a great truck. I love driving it, and although I've only had it a short time...seems to be build like a tank. Hoping my early impressions are accurate. I did not go Denali spec ($50K for a pickup truck??...for $38K I scored a great truck.

Dangerous headlights
By larry_rymal

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Comfortable, secure-feeling pickup. Overall quality feel is pure A-1. Daytime confidence value just can't be higher. Motor is strong, shifting is smooth after about 1000 miles. Tows well without sagging in the back due to trailer tongue weight. Best truck I have owned. But, this truck has a blemish--a dangerous one. In rural areas, the headlamp lighting is awful. There is no lateral light spill to assist turning onto intersecting roads. None. Left turns are the worse. You will be turning into total darkness. The effect is as if you have a burned out left lamp. Going straight, the hi-beam doesn't "reach out and touch" enough. You will need to buy auxiliary lighting.

Favorite Features

Comfort level, seating, quietness. Once you learn the infotainment system, you'll be happy. For example, you can be having the GPS displaying the map in the center display, and in the speedometer's sub-display, the song author and title displaying, at your option. Very nice touch.

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the navigation program from Tom Tom. It is amazingly minimal, with no Trace Back feature and an awful interface. It does not offer the Tom Tom features as included with their standard hand-held unit. Give more space between the door and seat. Difficult to slide hand to door controls. If wearing a watch of the left hand, and one is the driver, then the watch will scratch the door paneling.

2014 Sierra Frame Rust
By 2014sierra

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have my 2014 Sierra now for six months, and the frame rails have RUST all over them! The black wax coating GM used is peeling right off! There is a TSB (technical service bulletin) out there for the dealership to repair. These rails are bare uncoated metal. There are rust areas starting all over the rails, so unless they strip off wax over 100 percent of frame, and redo, the spot fix the TSB describes is useless! Why would you use metal deemed Uncoated/Unexposed for a truck frame? $$$$ How did these frames pass corrosion testing / validation?... Very disappointed GM!

Favorite Features

Aside from my frame rusting, I like the truck.

Suggested Improvements

Used galvanized metal & protective coating that works!

2014 GMC Sierra All terrain SLT
By mad1980

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I think you owe us an apology. You seemed to think the 2014 GMC sierra was a decent truck. I would like to let you in on the problems that most of the people are having with these trucks. Many rattles inside truck,FM radio can't hold a strong signal even sitting still, I have the Bose system and all I get is very nice sounding static.(think it is on purpose to make us buy XM) The headlights are so dull we are afraid to drive at night as they only light about 3-4 car lengths ahead even on high beam (no actual high beam light just a filter that moves to let out more light). Rear shocks that leak and make noises. Water leaks to the interior. Power rear sliding windows that the cables break and

REALLY!!! DONT DO IT. DEALERS TRYING TO GET RID OF OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!CRAP!!!!!!!!
By tinasfinest

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is a beautiful looking truck that everyone stops and stairs. The 50 thousand price tag for a truck that is already rusting at 25k miles and has had the radiator replaced at 11k miles, several recalls, etc. Not worth the money. Stick to the oldie but goodies. Again she is a looker till you look underneath. Don't do it and if you already did such as myself, get rid of it while you can!

Favorite Features

Beautiful,

Suggested Improvements

Pure Junk, whole truck should be recalled. Will rust fast as they did not undercoat properly, radiator already replaced, multiple recalls that take days to repair, oil changes are a lot more expensive due to oil recommended. Electric buttons don't work proper, rattles.