2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
REALLY!!! DONT DO IT. DEALERS TRYING TO GET RID OF OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!CRAP!!!!!!!!
By tinasfinest on 09/21/14 19:15 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is a beautiful looking truck that everyone stops and stairs. The 50 thousand price tag for a truck that is already rusting at 25k miles and has had the radiator replaced at 11k miles, several recalls, etc. Not worth the money. Stick to the oldie but goodies. Again she is a looker till you look underneath. Don't do it and if you already did such as myself, get rid of it while you can!

2014 Sierra Chassis components (RUST everywhere!!!)
By 2014sierra on 09/06/14 06:08 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

As I stated in my earlier comment, I like this Truck! However, the RUST on the frame rails, cross members, rear axle, body mount brackets (the whole chassis) is totally unacceptable! I am beyond mad at the lack of Corrosion Protection Quality taken . My 2014 Sierra frame has more RUST than the 15 year old GM pickup I traded in for this "new" Sierra. The worst part is there is no way to fix this corrosion, other than the "silent TSB" band-aid @ the dealership! Shame on you GM

2014 Sierra Frame Rust
By 2014sierra on 08/30/14 07:31 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have my 2014 Sierra now for six months, and the frame rails have RUST all over them! The black wax coating GM used is peeling right off! There is a TSB (technical service bulletin) out there for the dealership to repair. These rails are bare uncoated metal. There are rust areas starting all over the rails, so unless they strip off wax over 100 percent of frame, and redo, the spot fix the TSB describes is useless! Why would you use metal deemed Uncoated/Unexposed for a truck frame? $$$$ How did these frames pass corrosion testing / validation?... Very disappointed GM!

Very satisfied Sierra owner.....exceeding my expectations...
By mbexx on 08/28/14 19:31 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Seems to be numerous mediocre reviews of the Sierra/Silverado on here, and I fully respect each one. But I also felt obligated to offer up my experience to date.....one that is been very positive. I shopped all of the light duty V8 4x4 trucks, and can say objectively they're all good options. What sold the Sierra for me: ride quality. I have none of the vibrations mentioned in other reviews. The Tundra is close, but the road noise is much more pronounced. Interior: Subjective I know, but this 2014 interior is more ergonomic, user friendly, and more upscale than Ram, Tundra, Ford. MPG: I am a consistent 22MPG on highway. Price: Spec for spec, $6K less than others with GMC incentives

16 month review
By telson on 08/20/14 18:11 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Just over 40,000 miles on my 2014 SLT crew. I'm 75% freeway driving.A few recalls taken care of, bluetooth issues, and replacement of poor quality OEM tires, that sums up the repairs it's needed. The factory headlights are sub par, I replaced the factory bulbs with ZXE units with great results. I'm very impressed with this truck overall, it's getting an average of 20 MPG on mostly freeway miles. This truck feels like a Lexus compared to the F150 it replaced, very quiet and smooth. Comfy seats, and a nice ride are also welcome. Great truck overall!

Worst truck ever owned in 40 years
By mad1980 on 07/01/14 09:39 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

6 month update. Gm has not fixed any thing since new. Radio GPS headlights are still awfull. 5 Recalls so far. New problems leather coming off seats,look like 50 year old bomber jacket. Dash settings constantly reset, rattles every where,seems dealer can not hear it. Was getting 16 mpg,after fire flash recall dropped to 13-14,dealer says that was expected. (not when I bought it), Tried to trade it in on new Toyota,they would not take it. $50k pos. Advertised as professional grade, the only thing I am getting professional at is taking it to the dealer

2014Sierra Slt 4x4
By dave572 on 05/12/14 08:42 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my new truck September 2013. I made the mistake of paying for the heated/cooled seat option. Big mistake. In cooling mode hot air blows on rear seat passengers. I was told after a few miles the air will cool off.top. The hot air still blows hot after 75 miles. Since I usually have a person in the back seat that is a waste of money. Also after 75-100 miles it feels like I am sitting on a fist sized rock. Guess what, the dealer reps got in and out of the truck and stated they could not duplicate my complaint. Initially I got 21.5 to 22.5 mpg at 68mph. Whick was why I boutght the truck. After a recall I now get 18 if lucky. I am looking to trade it off for a Ford.

Second 2014 Sierra
By qzationsa on 05/09/14 04:59 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I wrote a few articles now "looks good drives poor" Unfortunately I need to make a third. After GM bought back my 14 z71 and I ordered a Denali, more problems. The steering wheel was off from the factory. If you hold it straight you will crash. It is currently in the shop for a faulty gas pedal. Once again the driver's seat has broken. The backup camera and audio only works when it wants. Drive like whip lash and a throttle response that is poor at best. The 2013 rental Tahoe I currently have drives like a dream compared to this truck. I like the idea of the truck, but the execution is awful. A new truck should not require me to have an outside company tune the computer. Get a F15

Nice truck, but the driveability is questionable
By jgedde on 02/08/14 17:26 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Edmunds review does a good job of describing the trucks good sides. OK, now for the downsides. The throttle response on this truck is an absolute disgrace. There is a delay before your right foot's motion changes acceleration. That and the transmission's obsession with getting into the highest gear possible makes a sluggish combination during normal driving. A downshift sometimes takes several seconds! If this is all for fuel economy, I could possibly understand, but the economy, so far, isn't much better than the 2005 5.3 Avalanche this truck replaced. Maybe because I'm pushing this truck too hard trying to get it to respond to my right foot... Shoulda got the Ram...

2014 GMC Sierra All terrain SLT
By mad1980 on 01/20/14 09:24 AM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I think you owe us an apology. You seemed to think the 2014 GMC sierra was a decent truck. I would like to let you in on the problems that most of the people are having with these trucks. Many rattles inside truck,FM radio can't hold a strong signal even sitting still, I have the Bose system and all I get is very nice sounding static.(think it is on purpose to make us buy XM) The headlights are so dull we are afraid to drive at night as they only light about 3-4 car lengths ahead even on high beam (no actual high beam light just a filter that moves to let out more light). Rear shocks that leak and make noises. Water leaks to the interior. Power rear sliding windows that the cables break and

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.