2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:
Worst truck ever owned in 40 years
By mad1980 on 07/01/14 09:39 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

6 month update. Gm has not fixed any thing since new. Radio GPS headlights are still awfull. 5 Recalls so far. New problems leather coming off seats,look like 50 year old bomber jacket. Dash settings constantly reset, rattles every where,seems dealer can not hear it. Was getting 16 mpg,after fire flash recall dropped to 13-14,dealer says that was expected. (not when I bought it), Tried to trade it in on new Toyota,they would not take it. $50k pos. Advertised as professional grade, the only thing I am getting professional at is taking it to the dealer

2014Sierra Slt 4x4
By dave572 on 05/12/14 08:42 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my new truck September 2013. I made the mistake of paying for the heated/cooled seat option. Big mistake. In cooling mode hot air blows on rear seat passengers. I was told after a few miles the air will cool off.top. The hot air still blows hot after 75 miles. Since I usually have a person in the back seat that is a waste of money. Also after 75-100 miles it feels like I am sitting on a fist sized rock. Guess what, the dealer reps got in and out of the truck and stated they could not duplicate my complaint. Initially I got 21.5 to 22.5 mpg at 68mph. Whick was why I boutght the truck. After a recall I now get 18 if lucky. I am looking to trade it off for a Ford.

Second 2014 Sierra
By qzationsa on 05/09/14 04:59 AM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I wrote a few articles now "looks good drives poor" Unfortunately I need to make a third. After GM bought back my 14 z71 and I ordered a Denali, more problems. The steering wheel was off from the factory. If you hold it straight you will crash. It is currently in the shop for a faulty gas pedal. Once again the driver's seat has broken. The backup camera and audio only works when it wants. Drive like whip lash and a throttle response that is poor at best. The 2013 rental Tahoe I currently have drives like a dream compared to this truck. I like the idea of the truck, but the execution is awful. A new truck should not require me to have an outside company tune the computer. Get a F15

Nice truck, but the driveability is questionable
By jgedde on 02/08/14 17:26 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Edmunds review does a good job of describing the trucks good sides. OK, now for the downsides. The throttle response on this truck is an absolute disgrace. There is a delay before your right foot's motion changes acceleration. That and the transmission's obsession with getting into the highest gear possible makes a sluggish combination during normal driving. A downshift sometimes takes several seconds! If this is all for fuel economy, I could possibly understand, but the economy, so far, isn't much better than the 2005 5.3 Avalanche this truck replaced. Maybe because I'm pushing this truck too hard trying to get it to respond to my right foot... Shoulda got the Ram...

2014 GMC Sierra All terrain SLT
By mad1980 on 01/20/14 09:24 AM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I think you owe us an apology. You seemed to think the 2014 GMC sierra was a decent truck. I would like to let you in on the problems that most of the people are having with these trucks. Many rattles inside truck,FM radio can't hold a strong signal even sitting still, I have the Bose system and all I get is very nice sounding static.(think it is on purpose to make us buy XM) The headlights are so dull we are afraid to drive at night as they only light about 3-4 car lengths ahead even on high beam (no actual high beam light just a filter that moves to let out more light). Rear shocks that leak and make noises. Water leaks to the interior. Power rear sliding windows that the cables break and

Long term Update
By qzationsa on 01/12/14 09:13 AM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I wrote the review "looks good, drives poor" Here an update with 4000 miles. The truck has continued to be a disappointment. I had to replace bolt rear shocks due to leaks. The drives seat broke, twice. I'm not a huge guy about 160 lbs and the seat keeps breaking. Drivability of this truck is poor, shifts are still very questionable both upshifts and down shifts. On a recent 650 mile highway drive, the truck shifted quite a bit on cruse at 74 mph. Average mpg on trip 17.3 Awful. MPG has declined and I average about 14.8. Compared to my 07 5.3 Silverado its about 3 mpg less. Maybe I got a bad one, but how many bad ones are out

4.3l crew cab SLE
By gary1965 on 01/11/14 13:09 PM (PST)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Have been driving for almost two months now and am a little underwhelmed. Its a smooth ride and the road noise is much improved over my 2007 Silverado but the 4.3 just doesn't seem to be enough for this truck. The mpg on the highway have been about 20 which is ok but the city mpg so far has been in the 9-11 mpg range which is very unsettling considering GMs mpg claims.

Looks good...Drives Poor
By qzationsa on 10/26/13 12:50 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought mine about one month ago. Nice sexy black truck all the toys. Mile mark 480 noise coming from the rear end. GM tried to say it was the displacement on demand. Turned out to be a bad ring gear. Truck ended up needing a whole new rear end. Mile mark 680 transmission is clinging and clanging under normal driving conditions with decelerating only to be followed by not knowing what gear to select with I put my foot back on the gas. Today it was stuck in 2nd gear for about 8 seconds. Also new today, the truck stalled with a huge bang in the transmission when shifting from R to D. I like the truck a lot when it is parked. Not so much when driving. Buyer beware...

Subtle, but well executed
By jmred on 10/17/13 19:01 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Have had 3 fords (last w an ecoboost so spoiled on torque) and only now coming back to GM. Had a silvy that was rock hard in terms of durability... But rock hard plastics in the cab sucked. I came back after creaking and lackluster workmanship in the ford turned me off. Silent cab. Not quiet.. Silent! Wife is actually ok w me adding new pipes! This is a z71, All Terrain, so very nice interior and fitting of a lux car. Outside is all business. Nice, subtle change for gmc; modern look that grows on you and doesn't betray the heritage. 5.3 is much stronger than the old one and you can't feel the v4-v8 switches.

GM Got This One Right
By john178 on 07/18/13 20:06 PM (PDT)

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Picked up my 2014 GMC SLT Sierra (Z71) today. It is black with black leather interior and chrome galore- including 6 inch running boards. I also put Line-X in bed of truck. The truck is a head turner for sure. There is additional room in the backseat, improved door seals make this even quieter than the 2011 Chevy Silverado I taded in for the GMC. I've driven around all day and cannot come to grips with how comfortable the ride is. GM hit a homerun on this newly designed 2014 truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.