1992 Geo Prizm Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
230K and still going strong
By RedWonder on 08/13/10 20:22 PM (PDT)

1992 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I inherited my prizm for my high school graduation 5 years ago. It now has 230K miles on it and still runs great! I think the frame of the car will fall apart before it stops running - It has lots of rust from being outside, I've gone through 3 door handles, and the radio is questionable - but the engine is still in great shape! The low miles are great and it is truly a dependable car!

Loved My Baby
By Dorisk on 06/07/08 07:41 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just sold my "baby." This Geo was a very dependable car and very comfortable. The main problem I had with it was the door handles would break. I replaced the front door handle twice and one back door handle. I've had this car since 1995 and just sold it because I purchased a 2009 Toyota Corolla. My Geo had 70,000 miles and is still in good condition. Sold it to my brother-in- law who wanted a vehicle that was easy on gas. He has two SUVs that are gas guzzlers. I hope he has as good luck as I've had with my Geo.

My first car
By first car is G-O on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

A wonderful little car. If you're looking for power, look elsewhere. This is a fun, economical little car. The toyota seats are snug. I'll try to drive mine until it rusts apart. The only semi-complaint is with the body. One door has a baseball-size spot rusted through. The 5 spd manual is peppy and fun to drive; however, reverse is sometimes hard to find. An excellent economy car.

Can't give it up...
By Jeff11 on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has been unbelieveable. I purchased it for $800 in 2/03 with 127k. It now has 144k and runs like a top. I have to add oil every now and then and the high fan speed is not working but besides that this car has been a money saver. I want to purchase so many new cars but with no monthly payment and such low insurance I think I may run it till it dies.

Our other car is a Ford...
By Still smiling on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is the only reliable car we have ever owned. We survived owning 2 Chevettes, a Jetta, a Lumina, a Cavalier, a Plymouth Voyager and currently a Ford Windstar. Every one of them had some major defect or annoyance that cost a ton of money to repair. This Prizm owes us nothing.

Won't die...
By av8rdude on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

This was my wife's car and I got to start driving it after we got married. I have been driving it for 7 years and it will not die. I do take care of the car and do lots of preventative maintenance, but it has 130k miles and is going strong. My only complaint is the automatic transmission needs an overdrive gear. The engine seems to reach max rpm at around 73 mph. It has lots of power and torque, just a low end transmission. The 5 speed would be a bonus.

Decent 10 years
By bookman on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

A reliable, no-nonsense car. It gets around 34 MPG with manual shift. Never had engine trouble. I have had to get the exhaust fixed about three times, but I attribute that to local driving in the NE.

I love this car
By Prizm lover on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Geo Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my first car and I have a hard time considering getting rid of it. It has always been reliable. I have had to replace a few things, but that is to be expected with any car. My boggest complaint is the material made to make the door handles, cup holder, etc. break easily!