1999 Ford Windstar Consumer Review: feel like i was ripped off

1999 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Review

feel like i was ripped off
By never buy a ford on

1999 Ford Windstar SEL 4dr Minivan

We bought the car new in 1999. In six years, we put only 50,000 miles on it and expected for it to last another four years to make it worth the money we paid. So far we've had to replace the steering rack, intake gaskets ($600), rod ends, brakes, and suffered with various unfixable noises and broken bits of interior plastic. Now the whole transmission has conked out; the estimate is $2,700 to fix it, and we are done. We are not throwing good money after bad; we walking away from our losses, giving the car to a mechanic for $1000. Ford has nothing to say, neither does the dealer. I am done with Ford; I would never ever trust them again. Donít buy a Windstar, you'll regret it.

I have some great memories of times with my family in this car, but I can't say it is because of the car.

Build something right, as if you were going to actually be stuck driving it for ten years. Then stand behind it. Admit it if there are problems and give people some satisfaction.