2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
Great car for fun driver
By George Schwab on 02/01/07 06:25 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this for my wife and we both enjoy driving it, and owning it. It's not a hot rod, but has plenty of power. Smooth ride and very fun to drop the top and cruise. If you want a Corvette, buy one (I probably will) but don't sell the Thunderbird short. It's a keeper, in my opinion.

A Classic
By off n gone on 07/15/06 09:22 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Having driven this car over 50,000 miles, I still smile. Car still gets looks and comments every place I go. And I live in SoCal. Could use a little more power, but it more than keeps ahead of traffic.

My Childhood Dream Car Come True
By BryanJMcLaughlin on 08/10/05 00:12 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Since I was a child, I wanted a 50's T- Bird, and now that I have my black on black 2002, all of my dreams have been realized. She turns heads wherever I take her. The chrome wheels together with the chrome trim around the windshield really set the car off. It is more responsive than my Mustang GT. Honestly my most favorite of all the vehicles I've ever owned.

Satisfied owner
By Fred Altman on 07/12/05 23:22 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car has performed flawlessly with absolutely no service requirements other than oil changes in the 15,000 miles I have driven it. The only problem I have encountered is hitting my head on the hardtop as I enter the car when it is on. The car attracts much admiring attention from both young and old wherever we go. Trunk could be bigger, but it does haul two suitcases plus several small packages.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Dee on 04/13/05 11:07 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Inherited this little beauty from my godmother with only 3k miles on it - I can't believe now that I tried to talk her out of buying it! (She and her husband had matching '55's in their day). The "Bird" helped to make her last few months more enjoyable, and will now give me several years of enjoyment. Great vehicle performance, and what a head turner!

Best Bird yet
By Leisha TBN on 04/07/05 15:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Best and most fun car a 50 year old could want!

Most Fun I've Driven in Years
By JonG on 02/21/05 02:01 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Got rid of an XJ8VDP for this car. I own a '96 Red XJS that is supposed to be my summer fun car - BUT - This car gets more looks, comments and thumbs up than the Jaguar (mine is Yellow with the two-tone yellow black interior). SHARP. Best surprise was power and performance - way better than I expected and cheap to maintain. Plus now that they are going bye-bye it'll be even a rarer sight. Not a practical car as far as 2 seater, shallow trunk.

Best Bird I Have Owned
By Gobird on 12/14/04 07:07 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 6th T-Bird and my best so far. I've owned an '84, '87, '89, '90, 95, and 2002. This Bird is a dream to drive and to look at. I think others feel the same way. We get looks from other drivers every time we are on the road. For me, this car is going to be a keeper forever. It is a comfort to drive on long trips and not bad on gas either. The handling is good; it's not a sports car but a very nice driver. It looks it's best with the hard top on but it's the most fun to drive with the soft top down on a warm summers day. There are better performing cars on the road but none have the classy look of this Thunderbird. I always wanted a '57 but this one fits the bill for me. It's just One Great Car

Dream Car
By Larry S on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I've wanted a T0-Bird since I was a child and the T-Bird was new -- finally got it! I'm not disappointed in the least -- talk about the looks! As another reviewer said, be prepared for total strangers to ask all sorts of questions. I've even been stopped by a couple of cops just so they could get a better look at it.

Great Car
By dflan on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A fun car to drive; powerful engine; no problems at all so far