God I Miss This Car
By Dr. Brett Schmitz on
1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe
I purchased this car in 2000 before I went off to college. It had 107,000 miles on it when I purchased it. Drove it back and forth 90 miles each way for 5 years of college. Awesome fuel mileage (just a tick under 30mpg) the entire time I owned it. Handled excellent and in the 6 years and 60,000 miles that I owned it I had to replace a mass airflow sensor, tires, and a ball joint. This car was phoenomenally reliable and fun to drive! My only gripe with the car the entire time I owned it was that the driverside window never like to roll up properly and eventually came out of the track. I wish I still owned this car but I unfortunately sold it to my neice and she crashed it 3 days later:
Favorite Features
Fuel mileage, suspension, price, reliability, quality, comfort of the seats, and of course turning radius! There are really too many positives about this car to list.
Suggested Improvements
Well unfortunately Ford no longer produces the 2 door awesome version of this car, but if they did(which is one of the suggestions), I would have to say fix the window issues and please make a CD player and sunroof standard on every one you make. Oh yeah and heated seats. Otherwise my best car ever!