Used 2004 Ford Taurus SES Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Very Reliable well built car!
By Jaxflguy

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since new, this car has not had one issue or problem. There is not a squeak or rattle to be found. Very reliable comfortable car. Safe. You can't go wrong for the price with these cars. Proud to own another Ford and will purchase one again!

perfect size car. Steering has good feel. Very smooth ride. Reliable. Mine has heated seats. Love it.

They don't make this model anymore, so improvements would not apply. :)

Oh My 2004
By MWOhio

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with just only 11 miles. I've only had to do regular maintenance for her. I've traveled from state to state and no problems. She's paid off now and I want to upgrade/customize her. I looked into buying a new Taurus, but I'd rather alter the current one I have and be payment free. I love this car.

Very reliable and nice body style.

A very reliable car
By DTMAN

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

While there are some build quality issues, some whistling for example, but not intolerable, this Taurus has over 115K and I have put in a $250.00 coil (was cutting out) and tires, brakes and oil, that's it. Engine is super quiet, runs great and my mechanic says it's dry, no leaks, etc. I get 28+ mpg highway and about 19.5 city, great for a car this substantial My first Taurus, a 1987 performed much in the same way.

Nice acceleration with DOHC V^, sporty look, nice finish

better stereo, less whistles, door panels fell off on interior.

Great for long drives
By Pat

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Taurus because it was a reliable used car. It is a good car so far. The longer I own it the more I like it. It is a big comfortable car with very good gas mileage. I get 29 mpg on the highway and have never got less than 22 mpg. Last winter I had a problem with water leaking into the passenger floor. It turned out to be shoddy workmanship from the factory. This is a good car but Ford needs to keep improving on reliability. They are catching up with the Japanese and I think they can surpass them if they choose to do so.

It is beg roomy and comfortable and economical.

Higher quality and even more reliable,

My Third Taurus
By kimbah

2004 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my third Taurus for just shy of 5 years and I love it. Bought it brand new. I have 80,000 miles on it and have only replaced tires at 60k miles; no other repairs. Still has original brakes which I consistently have checked and they're still good. Now that's amazing!

This car is extremely reliable and I highly recommend it. My previous Taurus had an issue with the heating core which was a costly repair, but this one is still going strong. Love the restyling of the 2010 model and will probably invest in another one.

Gas mileage could use improvement. I get less than 20 miles to the gallon and do mostly highway driving.