2002 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Boring is good
By richard risatti on 06/28/10 05:42 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Taurus and it's even more reliable than my 98 was. It has 114k on it and only problem was a starter at about 110k. The wagon is not as comfortable for a tall person as the sedan. Seems as though they had to move the seats up a little for more room in the back. Was the perfect car for servicing copiers, lots of room and easy access for parts, plus the door handles and locks have held up well on the job.

It always starts!
By Kristen E. on 05/29/09 23:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car from the original owner. We have had to replace shocks, sway bars, and a wheel bearing at 100,000 miles and have had to machine the rotors twice over the past 25,000 miles. Other than the somewhat pricey repairs, we have enjoyed this car. Nothing special about it really, but it always turns over, even in our sub-zero Wisconsin winters. We have taken this car all over the Midwest, and it handles well on the Interstate, even in heavy snow. In fact, it handles the snow better than our AWD Trailblazer did. Our model definitely lacks in pick-up, but it's not like we bought a station wagon for sheer performance. As far as fuel economy, it beats any mini-van of that model year

Great Ford!
By Jonathan on 12/11/08 08:06 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL Deluxe 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the looks of this Ford Wagon design. It doesn't seem to age. The Gold color has grown on me, and now i like it. The car is reliable, excellent in all weather conditions (especially snow). Tons of room for kids, dump and coming home from Home Depot. Roof rack works excellent. It runs smoothly, I aways feel in control, has plenty of power when I need it. I'm bummed Ford no longer makes the wagon! I'd buy another in a second. I'd hightly recommend this wagon!

Great value for the money
By maryland mom on 04/19/07 08:01 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL Deluxe 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this car new in Dec. 2001, just before our first child was born. It's been a very functional, reliable car. Not sexy, but then again, no one will ever want to steal it. My husband's parents sold us a Chrysler T&C minivan, which we ended up using as our family car for two years. I preferred that for ease of getting kids in and out. But after the van was destroyed in a car accident we went back to the wagon, and it's quite nice. Also I noticed it's easier to fit groceries in the wagon than the van. No major repairs.

Lots of Bang for the Buck
By Mike on 01/03/06 22:35 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with 18K for $10,500. Car has 42K now and it has been a very reliable and solid car. No major problems so far. It rides great, solid feel, firm almost sporty handling for a wagon. Quiet on highway and good mpg. I average 22 city/hwy without trying. Looked at SUVs before buying but the price was about 5K more. I use it mostly for business, constantly loading paper in and out (I own a printing company). Even with 800lbs of paper it handles sound ly with no surprises.This car is not sexy or fast but if you want to get around with lots of stuff or a family and not spend a fortune then it's worth looking into. Overall I am very satisfied. This car is a good fit for my needs.

Great Car
By #1Ford on 05/11/05 11:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have over 80,000 miles on the car and have only had minor repairs on the trim over the door. Other than that the car has been maintenance free, and gets 29 mpg, We drive it 40 miles one way to work every day, and would love to see Ford keep it in their lineup and not replace it.

Ford Taurus Wagon
By grandad9 on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Ford Taurus Wagon has been an excellent car--except for a MAP sensor that had to be replaced. No other problems. I wonder about the power antenna that goes up and down every time the radio/CD is turned on or the engine is started and shut off. How many times will that cycle before failure--it seems unnecessary. The car is roomy, can carry bulky items with no problem The 24V 3.0 is a good engine, it has good pickup and responds well in traffic--no complaints. Good gas mileage for a mid-size wagon--about 26 highway, 20 or so city.

A great reliable car
By gigfy60 on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this wagon for over two years and all I have do so far as maintainance is change the oil and filter.It is a solid vehicle that does its job very well.

A Lot to Love
By lewme on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Since this car is used as a sales rep's vehicle, it's racked up over 40k miles in less than a year. It's all been in comfort and without any problems. The seats are the most comfortable in any car I've owned--even after 8 hours behind the wheel. The driver's "dead pedal" makes for a very comfortable driving position. The A/C is powerful and the stereo sounds great.

Better than an SUV
By LouisF on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

As a single 40-year-old male, I resisted the idea of buying a wagon initially. The prospect of almost doubling my fuel mileage, while actually gaining cargo space gave me the push to try it. Having lived with it for more than a year, I wouldn't go back to an SUV ever again. The Taurus wagon handles so much better, gets so much better mileage, holds more stuff and is a much better value than any SUV in its price range. I'm a true believer, though I still wouldn't call it a babe magnet.