Used 2002 Ford Taurus Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Reliable and powerful.
By Kevin R

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL Deluxe 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car runs great at 131,000 miles. The duratec engine is quite powerful.

Wishing in one hand [non-permissible content removed]
By witness45

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE FFV 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

3 years ago I was really proud to be able to finally purchase a vehicle. This car was clean with only 36000 miles on it. I thought I had a reliable vehicle but I was wrong. I had to replace the front driver side tire often. It would wear unevenly. When I hit 47K miles the transmission went, fixed, the alternator went, fixed, the AC went, and now the fuel pump is going out. It really is disappointing because I loved loading up the dog and fiancÚ and traveling out to the lake or mountains, and using the back as our tent, the rear seats fold down and there is plenty of room. If you get a good one, they can be an awesome car, I got a bad one and am now in the market again.

Rear folding seats, plenty of storage, third row folding seat.

Boring is good
By richard risatti

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Taurus and it's even more reliable than my 98 was. It has 114k on it and only problem was a starter at about 110k. The wagon is not as comfortable for a tall person as the sedan. Seems as though they had to move the seats up a little for more room in the back. Was the perfect car for servicing copiers, lots of room and easy access for parts, plus the door handles and locks have held up well on the job.

Very reliable

better defroster

It always starts!
By Kristen E.

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car from the original owner. We have had to replace shocks, sway bars, and a wheel bearing at 100,000 miles and have had to machine the rotors twice over the past 25,000 miles. Other than the somewhat pricey repairs, we have enjoyed this car. Nothing special about it really, but it always turns over, even in our sub-zero Wisconsin winters. We have taken this car all over the Midwest, and it handles well on the Interstate, even in heavy snow. In fact, it handles the snow better than our AWD Trailblazer did. Our model definitely lacks in pick-up, but it's not like we bought a station wagon for sheer performance. As far as fuel economy, it beats any mini-van of that model year

Third row seating.

Separate comfort controls for driver and passenger, heat/air conditioning vents for that comfort of rear-seat passengers. With all the glass, this car gets HOT after sitting in the sun for any length of time.

Great Ford!
By Jonathan

2002 Ford Taurus Wagon SEL Deluxe 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the looks of this Ford Wagon design. It doesn't seem to age. The Gold color has grown on me, and now i like it. The car is reliable, excellent in all weather conditions (especially snow). Tons of room for kids, dump and coming home from Home Depot. Roof rack works excellent. It runs smoothly, I aways feel in control, has plenty of power when I need it. I'm bummed Ford no longer makes the wagon! I'd buy another in a second. I'd hightly recommend this wagon!

The traction, the looks, the reliability, never needs much maintenance. Must have been a car not built on a Monday or Friday!

Brakes have always seem to be noisy and not as smooth as they should be. Heat takes a while to get hot (in cold winter).