1995 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
'95 Taurus for delivery!
By Doris on 11/04/07 14:46 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I bought this car to deliver mail on a 90mi./day rural route. I've been using it for 3 1/2 years and have had no problems. With only the cost of maintenance to worry about, I can afford the gas no problem! (14.5 mi/gal delivering | 22 mi/gal driving around town) With only 145k miles on it, I I'll keep it going until she dies on me - and then I will buy the new generation Taurus.

Great run around car
By Siouxze on 08/02/07 21:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I think that this is a great little car for getting around in, but not necessarly for long trips. I got good gas mileage, and it always starts every time. The ignition does stay on sometimes even after I take the key out, but then it dings like I left the keys in so I just turn it off. This was my Mom's car and she only drove it about 3000 a year, and in the year that I've had it it's held up to two kids, a teen and a toddler and all my running around. At first when she bought it I was mad, but now I'm glad, its a great little family car, but I still need my bigger SUV or Mini Van for bigger outings.

My Mail Car Taurus Wagon
By twodeuces on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I bought my 1995 Taurus GL wagon in late 2000. The car was a fleet car and had 80K miles on it. Looking at having a vehicle that can hold all my mail and packages, I took one look at the Taurus wagon and knew it would haul anything. This car has been through it all. The car now has 137K miles on it and is coming to it's end. The 3.0 engine is still fairly strong, but the transmission is slipping and the front end (axle, bearings) is having alot of problems. But I paid $4,000 for it and put tons of mail route miles on it. If this car was never used on a mail route, I would suspect it lasting well into 200K miles.

my tarus
By boyddw2 on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

no problems ever, will drive it anywhere

Taurus
By Justin_TX on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Car belonged to my grandmother until the headgasket failed (as many Ford 3.8Ls do) at ~68000 miles. Coolant leaked into the crankcase... spun a bearing and threw a rod. I got the opportunity to replace the engine... Its a nice car when it is running. Seafoam Green is probably the ugliest color in the world though.

yessssss
By andrew the builder on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

this was the best car ever except for the ketchup stains

SECRET RECALL ON ENGINE
By Buyer's Regret on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

There's a "secret recall" on this engine. In other words, when your head gasket blows, and it probably will, you have to know about the SECRET recall in order to get a dealership to replace the entire engine for free. Ford won't tell you about this; you have to find out the way I did -- have the problem, then do research, then inform your dealership. Don't buy this car.

1995 Taurus LX Wagon
By Stape on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

There have been a few reliabilty issues including two alternators, the air conditioning compressor and the radiator. The motor does not burn a drop of oil. I have seen a lot of bad press on the transmission so, I am getting nervous. The ABS system performs flawlessly. I like the fact that it also has rear disc brakes (an option on the sedan). There was a problem with a plugged catalytic convertor at 50,000 miles, but Ford of Canada covered half the cost. I replaced the struts and shocks at 80,000 miles to improve the ride. The 3.0 liter is the better choice than the 3.8. Better fuel economy and better reliability.

Never again!
By mikkehla on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

I had problems from the very beginning! I purchased this thing used and was only the second owner. The car had about 75k miles, but ran and looked great from the beginning. Within 6 months, 2 fuel injectors were replaced which cost me big bucks, the waterpump was eventually replaced, the air conditioning stopped working and the list of repairs could go on and on. The cupholder is in a rediculous location...right in front of the radio so forget about having a drink in the holder and changing a station at the same time. This car has been towed more times than all my previous cars put together and I will never own a Ford again!

Do not buy this car
By theaussiepea on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

Ford Automatic transimissions in these cars will go bad sometime after 80,000 miles. I was fortunate to get almost 160,000 out of mine. Do not buy a used Taurus if you intend it to last much more than 100,000 miles.