Used 1995 Ford Taurus Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

'95 Taurus for delivery!
By Doris

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I bought this car to deliver mail on a 90mi./day rural route. I've been using it for 3 1/2 years and have had no problems. With only the cost of maintenance to worry about, I can afford the gas no problem! (14.5 mi/gal delivering | 22 mi/gal driving around town) With only 145k miles on it, I I'll keep it going until she dies on me - and then I will buy the new generation Taurus.

Size, look, comfort, and reliability.

A little more towing power and speed.

Great run around car
By Siouxze

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I think that this is a great little car for getting around in, but not necessarly for long trips. I got good gas mileage, and it always starts every time. The ignition does stay on sometimes even after I take the key out, but then it dings like I left the keys in so I just turn it off. This was my Mom's car and she only drove it about 3000 a year, and in the year that I've had it it's held up to two kids, a teen and a toddler and all my running around. At first when she bought it I was mad, but now I'm glad, its a great little family car, but I still need my bigger SUV or Mini Van for bigger outings.

Dash controls,stereo controls by steering wheel, cargo cover and third row "rumble" seat, and gas mileage.

Better cup holders and more of them, larger glove box, automatic daytime running lights

My Mail Car Taurus Wagon
By twodeuces

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

I bought my 1995 Taurus GL wagon in late 2000. The car was a fleet car and had 80K miles on it. Looking at having a vehicle that can hold all my mail and packages, I took one look at the Taurus wagon and knew it would haul anything. This car has been through it all. The car now has 137K miles on it and is coming to it's end. The 3.0 engine is still fairly strong, but the transmission is slipping and the front end (axle, bearings) is having alot of problems. But I paid $4,000 for it and put tons of mail route miles on it. If this car was never used on a mail route, I would suspect it lasting well into 200K miles.

LOTS of cargo space. Fairly comfrtable ride. 3.0 engine is a gem.

Better electrical. Better front-ends. Too small gas tank.

my tarus
By boyddw2

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon GL 4dr Wagon

no problems ever, will drive it anywhere

kids fit all 7

more front leg room

Taurus
By Justin_TX

1995 Ford Taurus Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Car belonged to my grandmother until the headgasket failed (as many Ford 3.8Ls do) at ~68000 miles. Coolant leaked into the crankcase... spun a bearing and threw a rod. I got the opportunity to replace the engine... Its a nice car when it is running. Seafoam Green is probably the ugliest color in the world though.

Poorly Designed headgaskets that fail to account for the different expansion rates of cast iron and aluminum.

Buy the 3.8L from GM. The Buick designed 90 degree 3.8L V6 is infinitely better than the Ford...