It ain't broke so,,,,,,,
By hutchG. on
2005 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab EDGE 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
Last month I bought my fourth ranger. I've had such good luck with these small trucks, I just keep coming back. I'll have to admit that the smaller engines didn't have much pizazz, but the 4.0 engine meets my every need. If I'm traveling, towing{I don't use it for work}or just going to the super market the ranger is perfect for my needs. If you have a family of four or five I suggest you look elsewhere. since 1988 I can count on my one hand the number of times the trucks have had to be in the dealers shop. So they are a little dated. Unless you want to spend an arm and a leg for a foreign truck{I checked before I bought the ford]I would consider the less glitzy ford. If it ain't broke don't,
Favorite Features
I bought the edge this time. It sits up like a 4x4 but without the stiff ride. The seats are improved over my '01 XLT with much more support. The 4.0 has plenty of power and almost 22 mpg's. I don't have to take a running jump to pass other cars now. The radio/cd player/mp3 player sounds realy good.
Suggested Improvements
there is no carpet. with what I had to pay for the '04 I can afford to take the truck to the upholstery shop. If 207hp is good then 240hp would be even better. I wish there was a choice. Going from a 4dr. to a 2dr. supercab is very inconvenient. Make this a priority when shopping.