2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
My truck
By Tina Ashworth on 01/09/05 16:20 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like the reliability and fuel economy. However, I notice that tire traction could be better and the styling is a bit dated.

How is this outdated??
By tim E. on 01/01/05 22:13 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I don't understand the words outdated. It is a great truck with all the power and style a truck should have. It rides like a truck. I didn't buy it so that it with expectations of riding like a car. The dashboard is great for reaching all controls and everything is simple and clearly understandable. One of the first vehicles I have had in a while where I didn't need the operator's manual to set the clock. The turning radius is also very good. I do have some issues with the GVW and do wish it would hold a heavier weight load. But for the most part it is a great running truck

some things have been better
By Kelly on 12/23/04 13:13 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Owned a 2002 and now a new 2004 Fx4 II off road package on both trucks. The brakes are an improvement from the 02 in 03 and up you can feel and tell the difference in stopping with the bigger drums and rotors. The new gauge dash cluster is trendy but a step down from before loss of real oil pressure gage and volt gage 02 had. Now just idiot lights, not a good trade off. Mid speed vibration in chassis is still there. Empty passenger seats vibrate. With new leather seating option I lost the lumbar seat adjustments had on the 02. Also they dropped the driver, passenger side map lights from the over-head door light, which is a must for off roading. Good truck, expect better from Ford.

I love my Ranger.
By Brammell on 12/19/04 16:46 PM (PST)

The title says it all. I LOVE MY RANGER.

Supercab Facts
By Lee Luna on 12/16/04 03:10 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the third Ranger I have owned, have never had to bring them in to the dealer for anything whatsoever, I know some of the vehicle reviews have stated that the Ranger is outdated in several areas, but why meddle with success? it always starts, takes me where i want to go, never quits while running and is very good on gasoline.

great truck
By knox on 11/23/04 22:12 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ford Rangers are simply the best light truck to own. I recently just got a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT supercab 4x4 off- road. I have gone off roading with it. The truck is very dependable, in the woods. It's definitely a must buy.

xlt
By kevin krash on 11/16/04 10:37 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

great truck. good on gas, gets me where i want to go

Quality
By Luckyjp on 11/13/04 16:38 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 2 Rangers now and I myst say for a small pickup there is no other value for your money. The ride, the handling,and the all around Quality and performance is second to none Thank you Ford Motor Company

Terrible Gas mileage
By ChasBmn on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If I knew the gas mileage was going to be so bad I would have bought a Full Size Truck.This truck is going to make be go broke buying gas!!!!!!!!!