Used 2005 Ford Ranger EDGE Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

I love it
By 123abc4

2005 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was my 1st car. Has Never let me down have had it for a year now. I bought it from a salvage yard not salvage just needed a bumper fend and hood. I take it off roading every once in a while does just fine. haul my 4 wheeler with all the time. its a lil light in the back so it tends to slip and slide a lot. only thing i dont like about it is that i had to re seal the rear window because it leaked really bad. other than that just oil changes and on my 2nd set of tires.

fog lights

A lil more room between the seats and rear window.

Edge
By Cary

Nice little truck. The only true compact truck on the market. I am a little disappointed with the acceleration of the 3.0 V6. I took it to the drag strip. 17.80 at 76 mph. The manual shifter is a little stiff, so I replaced it with a Hurst shifter. I am pleased with the gas mileage. it matched the EPA estimate.

White faced gauges, cool Sonic Blue paint.

Better transmission shifter.

Almost as much fun as my Stang was!
By X-StangOwnr

I just took delivery of this truck on 8/6/05. So far I am very pleased with its capabilities and appearance. I traded the 2000 Mustang due to rising fuel costs. But having a brand-spankin' new Ford Truck with good mpg is worth it! I really like the ride height and the 16" wheels wrapped in BFG's. Makes my 4x2 look like a 4x4. I also got the Dark Shadow Gray Metallic paint...BEAUTIFUL! As for value, I bought it under Ford's Family Plan. The sticker was $18,788. I paid $12,620! If you're gonna buy a Ford ... DO IT NOW! AWESOME DEALS!

Ride height, color, truck capabilities.

Offer the 3.0 V6 with 3.73 gears instead of 4.10 ... may improve mpg a little.