2004 Ford Ranger 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Solid truck, American Glitches Remain

2004 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Edge SuperCab (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

Solid truck, American Glitches Remain
By Hands on

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is still new to me, but I have a strong sense of it already. It's solid, comfortable and powerful, but the build quality is American all the way. I have already had it in the shop for a mis-aligned door and a malfunctioning wiper switch. I have owned a number of imports (Japanese and Korean) and have never had to return them to the dealer the first week. It seems I have had to return every american vehicle I have owned for some type of repair/adjustment. Speaks poorly of American workmanship, I'm sorry to say.

Favorite Features

The 4-doors provide handy access to the back cargo area/jumpseats. The MP3 player is a nice feature. Handles very nicely for a 4WD p'up.

Suggested Improvements

As previously stated, the attention to detail in assembly would be a nice change. I'd like to see the driver's seat have more adjustment possibilities. It would also be nice to have a Fan Off setting on the climate control, rather than having to turn the system off to shut the fan.