2004 Ford Ranger 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Perfect Present

2004 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

XL Regular Cab Pickup (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

Perfect Present
By Nick Wray on

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After Highschool graduation it was time to upgrade over my 86 Silverado. I knew for a while I wanted a Ranger, Im impressed with way my truck handles and drives. The 3.0 is a good mixture of performance and fuel effiency. Its a solid little truck, that looks as good as it drives. The extended cab is perfect for transporting all my gear to and from school. It can hold all my fishing and camping supplies inside, out of the elemets. The Edge package gives it an awesome stance. I opted for the 2 wheel drive, over the 4 simply for the fact that I dont plan on doing any serious off-roading in it.I upgraded the head unit and rear speakers, simply because Im going through my loud music phase.

Favorite Features

The bold styling all around with the Edge package adds to appeal. The interior is superb, and comfortable. The jump seats neatly fold away for plenty of space behind the front seats.

Suggested Improvements

It's a solid truck all the way around. If your looking for a weekend warrior the 4wd will be better. The milage is pretty good for a small truck, but all the talk these days is milage. Gets 2 thumbs up from me.