Used 2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Awesome
By Ford4v460

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Loved this vehicle since the day I bought it, had no problems with it. I live in an area where a 4x4 is a must and it doesn't miss a beat in mud or snow. The 4.0L is not as powerful as some of its competition but it fits the truck's size. A better pick than a full size pickup if you don't have a family.

4.0L, interior style and comfort, looks.

A few extra horsepower can't hurt, along with better fuel economy.

Another Great Ranger
By Jon

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Deluxe Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Ranger, and I have loved both of them. I upgraded to the Edge and love all of the additional bells and whistles (especially the sound system). My only complaint would be the gas mileage. I do more than the average driving, so I spend more time than the average at the pump.

The outstanding sound system, 16 inch wheels and the small lift that the Edge is equipped with make it a hot truck!

GAS MILEAGE, and thats really it!

Getting too old
By R. Jones

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For the money, for a 4WD, the 2004 Ranger is a good buy for the money. BUT, it is basically the same Ranger I drove in 1993, with two more Mickey Mouse doors. Almost impossible to get in a 5 speed manual transmission. While the 4.O liter engine is good, you'd think after all the years of producing it they could refine in a little better gas mileage. (Consistently getting 17 mpg and I don't hit the gas peddle very hard, very often, and get that mileage.). Truck won't hold a candle to the new Toyota I bought this year.

Comfortable, supportive seats. Reliable.

Transmission. Gas mileage. Side and rear visibility. Need a new truck.

My First Ford Truck
By F. A. Hicks

My Ranger is a fine vehicle, smooth ride, excellent handling & power to match. The exterior design is also a plus factor, having conformed to the changing times by having that sleek look but maintains the distinct Ford body style (a manly style). Only Ford & Chevy have been able to keep their trucks the way I like em! I must add however that the Ranger was sort of a poor choice for me. I am 6'1" & 240lbs. I am not uncomfortable in my Ranger but I still, after six months, can't seem to get to seat adjusted right and my head is .25 of an inch from the ceiling. I am comfortable even driving for long periods. Recommend 2004 Ford Ranger. But us "Big Guys" need "A Full Size Baby".

Great stereo system, on command 4x4 drive, fog lamps. heating & A/C systems are work horses.

More adjustable seat.

Good Reliable Truck
By dball

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Ranger Truck and by far the nicest. I like the new two-toned high back seats and interior design. This truck is small enough for decent gas mileage yet is roomy inside and has enough power to get you where you want to go.

Interior design and comfort and the Flareside bed. This truck also has an excellent stereo system from the factory.

Position of the odometer/trip odometer is a bit awkward. You have to reach through the steering wheel.