2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Best Truck ever
By ken black on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I owned a 1986 Ranger and drove it for over 14 years. The '04 Ranger is much better and more fun to drive. Ford has done it right. The high back seats are very comfortable, visability is great, the sound system is excelent, the ease of access to the cab is effortless with the 4 doors, and the ride is much imporved over prior Rangers. I especially like the redesigned looks of the truck.

I Love My Ranger!
By KayK on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I own a Ford Ranger and I am very pleased with it. It is a little rough riding at times if the road is rough. I have no other complaints. It has been very reliable and fun to drive.

Ford Ranger XLT
By wv_mark on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Went from a Jeep Liberty to a Ford Ranger XLT 4x4. Very nice truck.

Love It
By WT Trapper on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Have owned 'em all. The Ranger is more than enough truck for what I do. Handles great.... and looks even better.

Excellent
By psu48187 on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

One of the better pickup trucks on the market for the money. Ford has done really well working out all the bugs over the years. If you are in the market for a smaller truck, this truck more than warrants a look. Transmission is very responsive.

Trucking in style
By flynns2u on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the truck the best purchase my husband and I have ever made now go and get one today and start enjoying it

Not my favorite truck anymore
By frog13 on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge Deluxe Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2002 ranger it was a good little truck...UNTIL then main head gasket leaked then the I had to have all the belts and pulleys replaced then the gasket again and again and the most resent thing replaced was the WHOLE transmission. This truck is horrible on gas has no power and goes throw brakes like crazy and no its not my driving my husband drives it now and he goes throw brakes to at least every 3 months. Back doors dont always shut right and it isnt a pleasent ride. Fords service departments are the worst no support after purchase

Look Out
By powerplant on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my ranger Edge supercab 4.0 for 3 weeks. I would not get black again. Everything ok except it came with no back seats. Didn't realize they were optional until purchased. Need to put out a crew cab model.Would not purchase again. Can't compete with crew cab trucks. I ended up with a 2 seater vehicle ! Would not use dealership again, they are not user friendly.

Hi-value pickup that fits in your garage
By T Koester on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Ranger is a 3 liter, 5 speed auto, 3.73 rear axle ratio with limited slip rear axle. I have never been stuck even with many off-road miles. Gas mileage is l9/24. Nice ride and the 5 speed A/T is smooth.

10 all the way
By 03cobra21 on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

i love ford rangers. i drive a ZR2 at work all day it is not all what made to be it has been stuck in the mud 10 or 15 times. I have not been stuck at all. I HAVE PULLED a suburban ot of the mud in 4 wheel low and it didn't have a hard time.