Used 2004 Ford Ranger XLT Appearance SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Hi-value pickup that fits in your garage
By T Koester

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Ranger is a 3 liter, 5 speed auto, 3.73 rear axle ratio with limited slip rear axle. I have never been stuck even with many off-road miles. Gas mileage is l9/24. Nice ride and the 5 speed A/T is smooth.

Favorite Features

Pleasing and quiet interior. The AM/FM/CD radio is high value. Enjoyable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Add about 20 hp to the 3 liter V6. Add option to "delete rear jump seats".

Excellent Value
By wyxlzorf

I use my Ranger for a daily driver, doing run and bump North Dallas commuting during the week. The weekend finds it pulling a 30 foot long, but light trailer hauling a glider. Great utility vehicle, but could use some more giddyup. Reasonable comfort, driveability, and build quality for the price. This is my second Ranger. The first went 10+ years and 200,000 miles with very little problems and this one looks to be even better.

Favorite Features

General overall driving position, visibility, and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The suicide doors in back seem like a good idea, but in reality they don't work out too well in a crowded parking lot. A flip forward seat works much better.

Just Ok
By RC

Nice truck for the money. I like the styling and the super cab is great. Lots of nice standard features for a truck in this price range.

Favorite Features

The styling, and it's the perfect size for most home owner's needs.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power from the 3.0 v6. Gas mileage is poor at best. I can't understand why they still use drum brakes on the back when everthing else in there lineup has disc brakes all the way around. If I were to buy another the 4.0 V6 would be a must.

taken for a ride
By e dodson

GO GET A TOYOTA, THEY ARE CHEAPER AND THERE TWICE THE TRUCK. AND BEST OF ALL YOU WONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH DISHONEST PEOPLE. IF YOU JUST HAVE TO BUY A FORD TRUCK STAY AWAY FROM HAYWARD FORD, OR YOU COULD BE VERY SORRY LIKE ME.

Favorite Features

DO TO THE VERY BAD EXPERIENCE I HAD BUYING THIS TRUCK, I JUST WANT TO GET RID OF IT. I DONT CARE ABOUT THE FEATURES, NOTHING WAS WORTH WHAT I WENT THROUGH.

Suggested Improvements

BIGGER GAS TANK

Ranger XLT 3.0 gets an A and dependable
By Redpikuptruk

Love bumping over curves when I need to and the Ranger can certainly handle it without jolting you around in the cab. You'll love your Ranger truck and will think of it as a family member! Dependable - friend of mine has a 96 and never had a problem with it so I went to look and bought myself one as well. Rides like a car, looks good too.

Favorite Features

Love the bucket seats and comfort - long drives are no problem, superior sound system compared to other trucks and friend of mine has a 96 model that still looks as good as mine and he's had no problems with it at 65K.

Suggested Improvements

Looks allot like the 96 model - maybe some new curves to make it more exciting looking.