Used 2004 Ford Ranger Edge Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Used "Edge"
By fproctor

2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a used 84k mile standard cab, 6 ft bed "Edge" model and I am pleasantly surprised. I worked at Ford back in the 80s and vividly recall the transmission trouble Rangers had back then. I saw this one on the lot, liked the stepside look, Googled reviews on it (most were right here) and liked what I read. Bought it for $6k and feel like I got a great deal. UWS makes a bed toolbox for these (TBS-54-SPLA-BLK) that was designed for the older "Splash" stepside models.

The stepside bed styling. Overall small size of the truck that allows great maneuverability.

Mine came with crank windows, no power door locks, and no cruise control. I've already ordered an after market power door lock/keyless entry kit for a mere $57 which I'll install myself. Glass steams up abit when truck is not warmed up but always clears up after a couple minutes of running.

Perfect.. Well almost perfect.
By josh77

I bought mine used with 123,000 miles. It could idle better and the automatic transmission jumps a little (I heard that is because I use Wal-Mart Murphy gas). AC and everything are great but dont need it much since its small cab. The seats are comfortable, but i'm 6'1" so my legs could use more room. The inside looks nice. The outside is my favorite part. Everyone tells me what a nice truck I have. It runs good. Feels strong, though not the best acceleration. Its everything you can ask for in a small pick-up and more. Also very easy to resell. Fuel economy is great because I dont need the A/C as much as a car or suv. It cools down fast!

The design! It looks beast. The cloth seats are great too. Raised a little more than most small trucks which is great.

The ride could be smoother, but its still good.

Great Multi Tasking Pickup!
By TNMan

I bought my Ranger used. It was the basic pick up, no xtd cab, no 4x4, manual. It did have an awesome sound system. I love my truck. It does everything I have asked it to, and despite my abuse, it took it with no prob. My only complaint was that the rear window popped out because of the seat pressing up against it. Other than that, as basic as it was, it drove great in ice and snow ( as long as you didn't speed, and carried sand in the back bed . And never had a mechanical or electrical problem. Ford Tough is no misnomer.

Stereo System, Handling (for a pickup), and interior

Rear Window, leaning back too far in seat will pop it out.

Satisfied Owner
By Citroen

I bought this truck for light towing and general pickup use. I have had it since June of '04 and have had no problems with it. It is a small truck so if you are 6 ft. or over you may want to go extended cab.

I like everything the Edge package adds, large improvement over the standard. Body style is nice and the seats are comfortable over long trips.

None really. It rides a bit rough at times but it is a truck and the Edge package does add a stiffer suspension. I would easily buy this truck again (though my biggest regrets is not getting an extended cab).

Quality and Value come together
By SuperMegStar

I was looking for just a simple truck to haul stuff with-nothing fancy. I saw an ad for a Ranger, and thought I would check it out. The price was right, and I got more features than I could have imagined. It is a simple car with lots of guts. It sits nicely and is really fun to drive. It looks like 4WD. Gas mileage is surprisingly good!

I love the wheels and the way it sits. The stereo is superb quality and easy to use.

I wish the regular cab had just a couple more inches of leg room. I tend to have tall passengers.