1992 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Check them starter cables!!!!
By doublej on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

As of July 2002, I am on my 2nd Starter in 2 months...the mechanic finally figured out the cables were bad. Overall...its a dependable truck...however, the absence of simple cup holders is a major drawback. A little slow out of the starting gate when running the air conditioner. Replacement mirrors (outside door) cost a small fortune to replace. If you are experiencing starter problems...replace the cables as well!

Love My Truck
By Roger D. on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased my Ranger in fall of 1991. 10 years later and 78,000 miles I still have two of the original Firestone tires. The only repairs were brakes replaced @ 72,000 and an AC repair @ 55,000. Paint still looks like brand new and it runs and drives like the day I bought it. Very happy and would buy another.

Can I trade this for a toyota?
By buystockinnapa on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought my '92 Ranger gently used with a little over 40,000mi (not bad for a six year old truck). I was well pleased with it until about 5,000mi later, then I was faced with a constant onslaught of minor to not-so-minor repairs. Long story short, I have put in two engines, a tranny, a starter, an alternator, water-pump, heater core, radiator, the a/c is broke, turn signals don't work, gas gauge read "E" all the time, etc. Need I go on? Oh, yeah, I'm shopping for a Toyota Tundra.

She's a Great Little Truck
By susiecreamcheese on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new, frequent oil changes, no repairs until 103,000 miles when I replaced the brakes. Now, at 135,000 I put in a new clutch, replaced the timing belt and water pump, and we're set to go. Engine compression is still perfect. This 4-cylinder truck has done a lot of long-distance traveling and still averages 22 mpg.

ford
By ronald on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

love my ranger

92 Ranger XLT, 2wd, 5sp, ext Cab,4 cyl.
By capecodsalty on 03/09/02 23:21 PM (PST)

1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This has been a great truck original Firestone tire lasted 95000 miles at this time I replaced tires wiyh new Firestones, shocks, front brakes. Clutch is original as are the rear brakes.Orinal muffler lasted 85000 mi. I have done nothing to this truck but maintenance, it has never failed me.