95 Mustang GT...MODIFIED
By Nihilation on
1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe
I bought my 95 GT Coupe with 107,000 miles on it for $4800. It was in dire need of a detail job which I did myself in a day. This is my third Mustang, I previously owned a 85 and a 91, both with the 5.0L v8. I'm into performance and for the money a 302 based Mustang can not be beat. Aftermarket is huge, the car will EASILY go 300,000 miles with regular maintanence and a bit of care. Both of my other stangs had over 200,000 miles on the odometer when I sold them. I will never buy another american car other than a 87-95 Mustang!
Favorite Features
With a little under $2000 extra into the car I can beat most cars which cost $30,000 or more in the 1/4 mile and out-handle most sports cars in local autocross events. The aftermarket for Mustangs is enormous, you can make this car do whatever you want it to.
Suggested Improvements
As far as a stock Mustang goes, the power is there if you know how to get it. The body needs a set of subframe connectors($100) to fix the noises and rattles. Stock 11" brakes are too small but can easily be upgraded to 13" Bullitt/Cobra spec brakes for $400.