Used 1995 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

F.O.R.D. - Fix Or Repair Daily
By soldmymustsang

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

After driving it for like a month, I started noticing all kinds of squeaks, the cheap cheap ultimate cheap interior materials, and my multifunction switch blew. I have noticed that almost all domestic brand vehicles use very cheap interior materials. Take a look at the foregin brand cars, they use good quality materials and it is build tight! And please, change the interior design of the Mustangs... Ford hasn't redesigned their dull interior design in almost 7 years! I absolutely hate domestic cars, I will never ever get one again. Companies like GM and Ford should learn from companies like Honda or Toyota

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

one word: QUALITY

By enfiniti

fix or repair daily

Favorite Features

fix or repair daily

Suggested Improvements

fix or repair daily

ARGHHHH!!!
By nomore'stangsever

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought the car with only 72,000 miles on it and I expected it to give me trouble-free enjoyment for at least another 40,000. Unfortunately, the car broke down 3 months later (and cost $800 to fix) and broke down every 3 months after that, at similar costs. Never buy a FORD. In all I've put $2,500 in that car on repairs in 1 damn year. Oh, and it depreciated like a mother in that same year, funny how that works. I feel sorry for all those idiots who are still buying new Fords.

Favorite Features

the powerful 5.0L V8 engine (the ONLY good feature)

Suggested Improvements

better materials, better parts, and better electronic components

Not all that I had hoped for.
By Oh well!

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Well, how do I say this nicely, it's a Ford. Maybe I was spoiled from driving Hondas and Toyotas for so many years, but this 95 Gt is a clunky, noisy, poor handling(especially in bad weather), likely to break down at any minute, type of car. I read alot of articles featuring the Mustang as the "ultimate muscle car", and wanted something with a litle go-fast, so I bought a 95 Mustang GT ( the last year of the 302). Even thought the aftermarket is huge for this vehicle, I would be nervous making it any faster because it might rattle apart. From what I've seen, this is typical unrefined Ford engineering..oh well.

Favorite Features

Acceleration & looks!

Suggested Improvements

Engineer a better more reliable vehicle..attention to detail is greatly needed.

head gaskets...
By mynameisjim

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

i first purchased this vehicle expecting a sporty reliable car with 54k miles. at 56k miles, the exhaust was shot including the cats, at 58k miles the head gaskets blew, which was a costly and time consuming repair. turned out the gaskets were installed incorrectly, and ford knew. owner notification was initiated a few months later, with an apology, and an offer for reimbursment, good, but not as good as my moms toyota with 140,000 miles and no engine trouble.

Favorite Features

looks good, decent gas mileage that about sums up the list

Suggested Improvements

install the head gaskets properly, offer customers a longer term solution to continuous problems.