Lemon
By richard4872 on
2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
Let me start by saying, I have the SE Sport with the Tuxedo Package. Black on Black. Gorgeous car. The first 25,000 miles in the car were awesome. It handled like a dream. My edition came with the wrap around Recaro seats. I even averaged 33 mpg at 80 mph. Here's the bad. At 25,000 miles, Ford rebuilt my first transmission and differential. At 32,000 they rebuilt my transmission again. Now it is at 40,000 miles and needs another. Here's the catch. The automatics aren't true traditional automatics. They are manuals, but, the computer has a solenoid that pushes the clutch for you. Yes, I said clutch. Even worse, the clutch plates are cast and not forged. Thank god for the Lemon Law
Favorite Features
The seats are so comfortable and the mileage is phenomenal. Car Seat anchors in all 3 positions in the back. Mine had little to no road noise, but, mine also came with performance tires.
Suggested Improvements
Back seat is cramped. If my sons car seat is in the car, no one else can sit in the back. The microphone to the Sync for your cellphone is on the ceiling and it faces the floor. Everyone complains that I sound like I am in a tunnel and that it is very noisy.