Good for the price paid
By Scott on
2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I have only had the Focus for 1 month and 1000 miles, so my experience is still limited. I can't speak to its long term durability. However, I can say that the car drives and handles very securely. The 2.0 engine and 5 speed transmission make for relatively fun driving. Acceleration is more than adequate, braking is excellent with good feel, and it is quiet for this class. I bought the car because of the low price and hatchback. It replaced a Honda coupe that was not nearly as practical. Overall, I am more and more pleased with the car as time passes. It seems Ford made some decent upgrades for the 2005-plus models. This car has been around so long it seems to rely on low price to sell.
Favorite Features
Good base MP3 CD stereo, high driving position, practical hatchback, ABS/side air bags/alloy wheels/tilt/cruise/fog lights were very inexpensive options compared to the competition's prices. The (new to the Focus) Mazda designed engine is quick, revs easy, and sounds decent.
Suggested Improvements
I think the quality of the interior plastics could be much better. I would like a "dead pedal" to rest my left foot on. Rear head restraints, satellite radio option, and cabin filtration are absent also.