Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

It was a great car
By txoldmf

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The car never gave us to many problem. They do have problem areas, headlight socket over heat, air compressor are weak. Engine strut support break easy.
The big problem is the instrument panel. A problem Ford, and the NTSA knows about. The problem is weak solder joints. Ours went out, Total cost for parts and labor 1300, A third of the value of the car.

You will be surprised at roominess of the car. Fold down the back seat and you can fit a 8 foot ladder in it. While it not a performance car, it does get you around quick. Our get about 30 on the highway. We live in Texas,105 in the summer and snow in the winter, I love the traction control.

The electronics, a dash panel dyeing with less than 80 thousand mile on it. I have 70 f-100 ,and it still works great.

GREAT Car ... either for the price or even more
By abacuses

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I hit 110,000 this week and figured I would sing some praises after reading some of the other issues. 1st, the "downside." This car goes through the brakes. My dealer said that Volvo's are known for their safety; with that comes hard wear on the brake pads. Yes, this has the Volvo engine in it. I'm on my 5th set of pads and 2nd set of rotors. I started noticing a little bucking in drive-thru line s and traffic jams ...
always when the AC is on. Otherwise, no issues whatsoever and this has been my favorite car ever. I'm not a fan of the new Taurus, but I do love the Ford Edge. I continue to have great experiences with my Fords ... TAKE CARE OF THEM and they will do the same for you too.

Roomy interior, nice gas mileage, low service costs, HUGE trunk and lots of legroom in the back seat.

AC could use a bit more power behind it. Takes a while to cool off. The acceleration in first gear is lacking but great for passing. Brakes hard and wears out the pads, but that's a small price for excellent brakes.

transmission
By diane

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

well, all i can say is i thought this was my car of choice.only owned for 2 yrs and transmission went out. dealer states "oh, you will love the 6 speed transmission".it does have 70,000 miles but i have never ever nor my husband had this happen with a vehicle before.we did call dealer and ford customer service but we got no where with them! we were going to buy a new taurus or fusion but you could't GIVE me one now and that is what we told dealer and ford.very very ashamed of ford.we wlii buy a honda!!

I Love My Ford 500
By Linda C

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Ford 500 brand new from the showroom floor. I love the fact that I got the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty on it. What ever minor things went wrong. Ford authorized repair fixed it free of charge. Now that my warranty is up, I bought the extended 3 year warranty which covers over 500 components from the engine & transmission to the radio. Love my car. I wish they had made a 2010 version of it. Love the fact also that there aren't many on the road that I see and I'm always asked " What kind of car is that?" Overall performance in my opinion for my Ford 500 is just about a 10. Love it....Love it...Love it !!!

I love my 6 slot CD !! I love the comfort of my Ford 500 and I love the look of it. Stylish but not too flashy.

Best Car Ever
By Peter

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2005 Five Hundred has been an exceptional vehicle. We've driven it to Florida from New York and had it at 29.5 mpg on the trip. A full tankful gave us over 600 miles of driving. The same is true on our semi-annual drives to Virginia to see family. No stops for fuel for a 520 mile trip is refreshing. Our overal mpg is 25-26 during our daily driving. It's a smooth ride and the roominess inside and in the cargo area are unequalled. I've purchased 32 cars in the past 37 years for the family and myself and this one is definitely the best purchase, by far.