Small surprise, makes the Fit feel crass
By afoxcar on
2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I wanted something more refined but still fun, so traded my Fit Sport for a 2008 Accord EX Coupe when they came out. After 2 1/2 years I decided I really didn't like bigger cars, but didn't want to give up the comfort and features I'm used to. The Fiesta SES fits the bill perfectly. It's amazingly refined for a small car. It's QUIETER than my Accord was. It also has the magic mix of fun and frugal. In my 5-speed, it's not fast in hard numbers, but always feels willing and able, never slow, and the engine stays smooth when revved hard. Handling is excellent. I was surprised by the grip and agility this car has, along with feel-some steering. Interior lighting package is really cool.
Favorite Features
Overall refinement is excellent, and not just by econobox standards. Rides well on 16-inch alloys but still handles and steers amazingly well. Good, strong brakes, butter smooth engine, nice shifter feel, high feature count (heated mirrors!, BlueTooth, aux and USB), interior illumination package.
Suggested Improvements
Shorten the shifter throw - it's a little long front-to-back, making 3rd and 5th a bit of a stretch for short folks like me. Back off the stability /traction control or allow you to turn it off. Put a volume control on the wheel with the other audio controls. Move door locks from dash to doors.