4 of 4 people found this review helpful
Excellent little car- 6 speed automatic SE.
By s_carlock on
2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
My wife and I have had our Fiesta for about 9 months now and have put around 10.5k miles on it in the time, including a trip from Austin, TX. to Charleston, SC and back, totaling 2400 miles of travel (probably a bit more since we took detours) and the car has been reliable every step of the way.
For the price, the Fiesta is an excellent vehicle. The construction seems solid (love how heavy the doors are), the seats are comfortable once adjusted to personal taste -- our cross-country trip was a 24 hour drive each way, non-stop -- the storage space in the sedan is excellent.
The Sync system has been a little fussy at times, but not a deal-breaker. Just takes a little time to get used to.
- Gas Mileage! For having such good gas mileage the vehicle doesn't feel weak at all, in spite of having a small engine. Only issues are on somewhat steep inclines, but that's to be expected with the engine/torque available in this vehicle.
- Good turning. We test drove a Toyota Yaris during our vehicle search and found the steering way too tight and twitchy. The Fiesta has a great turning radius but there is no tight feeling.
- Plenty of room. For a sub-compact, we are very surprised at the amount of room in the vehicle. We are both small-ish people (she is 4' 11" and I'm 5' 10") but we can fit multiple 6'2"+ people in the backseat with plenty of knee and vertical room for their comfort.
- The Sync system can at times be finicky. There are times when it just won't recognize an AUX or USB that has been plugged in. You can go through the voice recognition options to select USB, but there is no such option for AUX that we have yet found, and so it becomes somewhat aggravating having to unplug and re-plug an AUX cable in until it decides that it wants to recognize it. Hopefully this isn't just an issue that came with our specific vehicle.
- Maybe work on the side profile of the Sedan a bit. The rear end seems unnecessarily bulky and frumpy. I feel like it doesn't have to be so "high" in the back, and that the bulk isn't lending anything logistically to the car.