Used 2011 Ford Fiesta S Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Tiny backseat for rear facing carseats
By Teresa M

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very difficult to find a rearfacing convertible car seat that will fit in the backseat. Even with the passenger seat pushed all the way forward, it is almost impossible to find a convertible car seat that will recline properly to rear face in the tiny backseat.

Our infant seat barely fit.

My husband has always called it a clown car.

Not a car for a family with young kid(s)

Feel Stupid
By Pam

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bough a 2011 Ford Fiesta hatchback about 7 months ago. Within the first few months I had it at the shop for a recall on the manual clutch then next will be the door locks I guess the door open while driving. Now I am having issues with the Power Train in the steering wheel. When I purchased this piece of crap I also got an extended warranty. I got a Power train care plus warranty what good that did because the part I need is not even on the warrant list. The breaks constantly make a noise which i ask the shop about and got some stupid reason why now the right front of my car vibrates as i drive and the steering wheel shakes... If I could get rid of this car it would not be fast enough...

LEMON
By Kori

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Don't do it. I bought one and I can't even resell because of the Notorious transmission and it's defects.

Shake, Rattle and Roll
By Becky Carroll

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Fiesta "looked" like the perfect car for my soon-to-be-driver, but after I drove it for a while, I found it unsafe for an inexperienced driver.
The transmission is very uncertain. At times it takes off smoothly from stop, other times it hesitates and shudders to a start. The start may be a lurch or a crawl. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason for the inconsistency.
Four months after the purchase, I received a Recall 15B22 and took it into a local Ford dealership. I was informed that they would attempt a repair but it might not work. I was told to drive it for 1500 miles before returning. The problem got progressively worse and when I had done my mandatory 1500 miles, I went back to the Ford service department and was told there was nothing more they could do. We will see about that, but that is where we stand to date.
So, the vehicle for my new driver has proven itself unsafe for even I, a driver of 40+ years.

Transmission is dangerous
By Erin Grey

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The transmission just slipped out of the blue while I was on the highway! We had had some problems before - weird things like the battery died when it was just a couple years old (we didn't leave a light on or anything, it just died). Then the car would sometimes stall when coming to a stop. But nobody could tell us what was wrong, and they all thought I was crazy. This latest highway fiasco is the end for me though. So dangerous! Plus now the clutch is shot. Neither the dealership nor Ford will cover the clutch. This is crazy! This car is dangerous.