Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Ford should be ashamed!
By ford hater

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a 2008 f250 4wd with a 6.4 powerstroke. What a complete piece of #$@@#! Ford should be ashamed! I do realize that the engine in this pickup is manufactured by international harvester however Ford should not have placed it in one of their chassis. This boat anchor is so bad! I have had several fords and this will be my last! I have also had other manufacturers diesel pick ups over the years. First of all the thing gets 8 to 9 miles per gallon pulling a mere 6k pounds! Ha!The pickup gets only 13.6 empty on the highway. I previously owned a 2005 duramax that would have castrated this piece of crap and got 15.5 mpg loaded! This powertrain pkg is junk!

Suspension, fuel economy and power! This thing has to downshift in rolling hills while towing 6k pounds? I would sell this thing after owning only a few months but no one wants to buy it! Junk junk junk! Beware if you are going to purchase one! Do your homework! Wish I had.

Beast of a Truck
By AKFord

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Love the truck...the fuel economy was a nasty surprise. I put in an Edge programmer and cold air intake. Now I get about 14.5 in the city and 22 HWY, with a 6.5" lift and 37" tired. I can live with that. This is the most comfortable and capable truck I have ever owned, out of 10. The interior is comfortable and I don't seem to get those annoying blind spots I had in my Dodge. I have owned HDs from all 3 brands and this truck is by far the best all around truck. Throw in the exceptional looks and Ford has the best on the market. All I have ever done is change the oil.

Rugged good looks, nice creature comforts, very reliable in Alaska winter. Ungodly powerful.

Rear seat DVD is a joke. Get the sunroof instead. I have all the goodies but no roof lights? Come on Ford! Regen cycles but all diesels have that garbage now. At least I only regen about once every two weeks. Get the Edge programmer.

NO LOW END POWER
By KT FROM CALLI

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab LB DRW (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Don't be in a hurry to turn against the traffic unless you have a good heart. There is no power below 2,000 RPM, after that the truck just kicks you into the back seat. It's agood thing they put a 40 gallon fuel tank on the truck, at 10.5 MPG you need it. They need to inprove the off the line performance and the fuel economy, other than taht the trucks has live up to my expectations.

Loose the chocking exhaust system and improve the low enf performance

Ford won't honor warranty
By Big Tim

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have been a Ford man for the last ten trucks owned. No longer. Bought this beauty of a truck with all the bells and whistles, been proud as a peacock til now. First, had a problem with the HVAC fan, consistently has a ticking and humming sound, taken in several times, no issues according to the technician. Now, while driving, the engine stalled. Took it in and found the high pressure fuel pump faile and sent metal filings into system. Ford sent a tech out and took samples, responded via fax that they were voiding the powertrain warranty and would not cover repairs. Said there was too much water in fuel system. When asked why their fuel/water separator did not catch, no response.

Beautiful truck inside and out.

Honor your warranties and if there is a problem with the engines, which appears to be the case, make repairs and stop treating customers like dirt.

It's Not Entirely Ford's Fault
By Sjmiller05

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab LB DRW (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I want to fist say that I have the King Ranch and it has the most amazing leather package that I have ever seen! Next, it is not entirely Ford's fault regarding fuel economy. In 2008, the EPA mandated DPF filters on all diesel trucks resulting in horrible fuel economy. The radiator issue is a recall, and I had mine replaced at 35k -- since then I had no problems. Towing: I tow a 38ft 12k fifth wheel and live in Colorado (high altitude). The DPF while in regen will increase EGTs resulting in the turbo fans to go off and sometimes resulting in the truck going into limp mode. I find this to be this trucks serious flaw.

The King Ranch interior, the "big boy step", and the controls are easily assessable.

Like I said earlier -- the DPF causing high EGTs resulting the truck to enter limp mode, and thanks to the EPA horrible gas millage. Get a DPF delete kit, an edge programmer, a bigger intercooler and a cold-air intake and you will get 40-60% better fuel economy.