Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Super Dooty
By rickivie1@hotmail.com

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased my 2008 Ford F350 Lariat 6.4L Diesel one year ago with 91,000 miles, not bad for a diesel. Blood red, dark tint, black wheels, leather interior, 6” lift, the works. CarFax was 100% clean with regular maintenance at dealerships and only two previous owners here in sunny Arizona.

WORST VEHICLES HANDS DOWN THAT I HAVE EVER OWNED!!!

I have previously owed 2 Super Duty’s and both had the V10 in them and also owned one F150. Two with 6” lifts and the other with an 8” lift. First off the V10 never let me down, never broke down or stranded me and had decent pulling power. Those V10’s are bullet proof. Had no issues with the F150 either…

Let me list all the issues with my new Super Duty and diesel engine in last 10 months:

• Fan Clutch went out
• Both (yes 2) ERG coolers out
• Injectors went out
• Fuel dumped in to oil
• Coolant burned up in ERG’s
• Steering box …out…had it replaced
• Back up sensors…out
• 4X4 won’t engage
• All controls on steering wheel quit working….. completely out
• Random sensors go out shutting down both turbos and putting truck in limp mode. One time shut down while heading up North.
• And those F’ing rear seat shoulder belts rattling on the plastic

This truck is a piece of crap that has cost me over $5,000 in repairs within 10 months of owing it. As soon as I cut a check to the repair shop for $1,500 on this round of repairs…driving straight to a dealership and trading it in. Feel sorry for the next fool that gets this truck.

Ford 2008 f350 6.4 turbo diesel dually 4dr
By David Pierce

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

The 2008 f350 6.4L turbo diesel dually 4wd is junk. Mine only has 69,809 miles on it and still has Fords extended manufacture warranty and i still had to pay for $10,000 in repairs for a whole new fuel system. I get my oil changed, separator drained, and fuel filter changed as required, every 3 months, by Ford and its on record and its about $225 each time. Apparently even though Ford says this is a diesel truck, it hates diesel. The fuel system automatically sucks up all the water and junk thats in diesel before it uses the gas. Therefore everything rusts. Ford knows there is an issue and there are blogs all over about the high pressure fuel pump so check it out. Plus you get a whopping 5 to 6 mpg when towing anything.

Poor rust protection
By Mike moll

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

No matter what I do or how hard I try...it looks like rust will be the victor. no zinc plating anywhere, losts of exposed metal

v-10 power

ford should spend the extra dime to rust treat these vehicles

My 08 Power Stroke
By sdman1

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

10-24-2014
I purchased my 2008 F350 With a 6.4L Power Stroke in March of 2007 with 25 miles on it. I Traded my 2000 F250 With a 7.3 Power Stroke for it and Have NEVER regretted it. It now has 82,000 on it and I have not had any Problems with it.... it has Spent its Life Pulling Trailer all Over Gods Country and as NEVER let me down or Left me on the Side of the Road. There is a Reason FORD is the #1 Truck in the Country.
My Work Truck is a 2008 F250 SD with a 6.4L and has 218,000 original trouble free miles on it and going Strong. ALL Manufactures have Problems with there Products but as far as I'm Concerned I will NEVER buy Another Brand of Truck!!!!!!

Power Stroke Engine, Roomy Interior and Ability to Tow just about anything you want.

Emission System... as with all Tier 3 engines it is not this trucks Crowing Feature. I rated Performance at a 4 because of this.

2008 Ford F350 Superduty Diesel 6.4 liter FX4
By drooster3

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Let me first say that when this truck is running well, I love it. It has tons of power and the interior is all leather. Its the most loaded truck I've ever owned. Unfortunately, it has a lot of problems. I bought it used with about 120,000 miles on it which I thought was decent mileage considering its diesel. At 135,000 miles, I replaced the starter followed shortly by the engine. After that, it was the clutch fan, a short in the electrical system, and numerous other problems including the latest where the hydro boost for the brakes over heated and took out the power steering pump costing $1700. Total repair cost in 45,000 miles has been over $23,000. Trading it off on a new Tundra

Really like the high quality materials used in the interior. It has power driver and passenger seat, which I've never had in a truck before. I quite often refer to it as my Cadillac. It has lots of power and the times I've needed it as a workhorse, it seems pretty good.

This truck has serious reliability issues. Not only is it really expensive to fix, its also really inconvenient for it to be in the shop for a couple days every 5 or 6 weeks. The paint has a lot of chipping. It has persistent problems. The window motor on the passenger side works sporadically. The cruise also doesn't work all the time. I've replaced one rear axle seal 4 times. I'm very disappointed. I thought this truck would last me at least another 100,000 miles after I bought it and after putting on 45,000, I'm trading it off. I'm upside down on my loan but I just can't afford to keep repairing it.