Used 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

Poor rust protection
By Mike moll

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

No matter what I do or how hard I try...it looks like rust will be the victor. no zinc plating anywhere, losts of exposed metal

Favorite Features

v-10 power

Suggested Improvements

ford should spend the extra dime to rust treat these vehicles

My 08 Power Stroke
By sdman1

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

10-24-2014 I purchased my 2008 F350 With a 6.4L Power Stroke in March of 2007 with 25 miles on it. I Traded my 2000 F250 With a 7.3 Power Stroke for it and Have NEVER regretted it. It now has 82,000 on it and I have not had any Problems with it.... it has Spent its Life Pulling Trailer all Over Gods Country and as NEVER let me down or Left me on the Side of the Road. There is a Reason FORD is the #1 Truck in the Country. My Work Truck is a 2008 F250 SD with a 6.4L and has 218,000 original trouble free miles on it and going Strong. ALL Manufactures have Problems with there Products but as far as I'm Concerned I will NEVER buy Another Brand of Truck!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Power Stroke Engine, Roomy Interior and Ability to Tow just about anything you want.

Suggested Improvements

Emission System... as with all Tier 3 engines it is not this trucks Crowing Feature. I rated Performance at a 4 because of this.

2008 Ford F350 Superduty Diesel 6.4 liter FX4
By drooster3

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Let me first say that when this truck is running well, I love it. It has tons of power and the interior is all leather. Its the most loaded truck I've ever owned. Unfortunately, it has a lot of problems. I bought it used with about 120,000 miles on it which I thought was decent mileage considering its diesel. At 135,000 miles, I replaced the starter followed shortly by the engine. After that, it was the clutch fan, a short in the electrical system, and numerous other problems including the latest where the hydro boost for the brakes over heated and took out the power steering pump costing $1700. Total repair cost in 45,000 miles has been over $23,000. Trading it off on a new Tundra

Favorite Features

Really like the high quality materials used in the interior. It has power driver and passenger seat, which I've never had in a truck before. I quite often refer to it as my Cadillac. It has lots of power and the times I've needed it as a workhorse, it seems pretty good.

Suggested Improvements

This truck has serious reliability issues. Not only is it really expensive to fix, its also really inconvenient for it to be in the shop for a couple days every 5 or 6 weeks. The paint has a lot of chipping. It has persistent problems. The window motor on the passenger side works sporadically. The cruise also doesn't work all the time. I've replaced one rear axle seal 4 times. I'm very disappointed. I thought this truck would last me at least another 100,000 miles after I bought it and after putting on 45,000, I'm trading it off. I'm upside down on my loan but I just can't afford to keep repairing it.

08 F-350 6.4 Diesel
By spartan6delta

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

Have been in love with Super Duty Trucks for years after buying a 32' camper decided it was time to finally get one. Not a rich guy so I bought used with 125,000 miles on it. 6" lift 37" inch tires, a real monster truck. After less than 2 months and under 3,000 miles replaced a radiator, radiator hose and also have blown head gaskets. The mechanics are determining if the oil cooler and EGR coolers are bad as well. Lucky me got an extended warranty, however if the heads are cracked we are looking at a 8,000.00 bill. I have loved Fords my whole life but if you want a heavy duty reliable truck to last you past 100,000 miles go get a 2013 or 2014 Ram Diesel.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort

Suggested Improvements

If you have to have a Ford get a 2013 with a 6.7 in it.

Not So Super Duty
By notsosuperduty

2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

My F350 "Super Duty" Lariat OffRoad 4X4 with the 6.4L Powerstroke has been a bitter sweet experience. At 40K miles I was washing the undercarriage after driving in deep mud. After the wash (where I never lifted the hood) the truck would not start. Dealer said water got into the Trans Control Module, which is mounted under the truck. Not covered under warranty = $1200 bill. A week ago the steering gear locked up at 84k miles. No warranty = $1100 bill. Also last week the "check engine lite" cam on. Dealer says it was a bad EGT sensor. No warranty = $302 bill. Then today the brand new steering gear blew out and sprayed fluid all over the driveway. Not what I expected from a SUPER DUTY.

Favorite Features

The 6.4L Diesel tows my 40' toy hauler with ease though the fuel economy is pretty horrible even compared to Dodge and GM trucks pulling the same loads. The interior is very comfortable and of reasonably good quality materials

Suggested Improvements

A Super Duty 4x4 Off Road truck should not be incapacitated by a coin-op carwash nozzle getting water in an electronic module mounted UNDER THE truck. And for Ford to decline to cover it under warranty is ridiculous. I will not be buying another Ford truck.