2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

I love this vehicle and want to continue to.
By Daniel Gagner

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I came off a lifetime of chevys with two being trucks. The last silverado I owned (2003) the frame rusted out at 84,000 miles. Couldn't get it inspected. I don't know what happened. Same garage, roads, and care as my tahoe that had double the mileage and three years older but no problems. Anyway.... This vehicle is quiet, has nice ammenities in the interior. I tell people "It's like driving my living room." The fit and finish are very good. Mileage after 12,000 miles is consistently (calculated by hand) 20.5-21.5 mpg. When I pull my cargo trailer it drops to 12.5 but it's not the weight, it's the wind. The trailer is v-nosed but tall. The v8 is reliable and seems plenty powerful. The only issue is that when using cruise control on hilly areas it downshifts sort of hard to drop the speed. Then again I don't use cruise control much on hilly areas. I've driven it a lot around town and taken trips that put 5000 miles on it in a few short weeks. Great vehicle so far. I learned to hate my Silverado. I love this truck and so hope not to learn to hate it. Time will tell. BTW.. this one is getting a yearly dose of Krown undercoating.

Love my F-150
By Mark F

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Look, I love the truck and Ford I hope you log in and look at these reviews so that through constructive criticism comes updates and improvements. I love everything about the truck except the new key design and it is awkward to say the least. While in your pocket it will set the panic alarm off very often. I mean you lean one way or the other or up against something and the alarm goes off. Also, you cannot throw the key under the mat of the car if you want to lock it in and use the key pad on the drivers door to renter, or at least I don't know how to do that. My 2013 was a breeze, car alarm never set off, lock the key inside the truck and come back and enter code and you were good to go, new one (2015) much harder and cumbersome. Ford, you did more right than wrong and I love the truck! Just look over the new non-key design and improve, it's a bit awkward now.

My fifth F150 and they keep getting better
By JoeCool

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After owning four F150's (2000, 2005, 2010, 2012), I tinkered with the idea of getting a GMC Sierra. I do like the way the GMC's look. I went to a local dealership and they let me drive a 2016 GMC Sierra SLT 5.3L around for the weekend. The first thing I noticed was a very sluggish feel to exceleration compared to my 2012 F150 5.0. Also, the interior had a cheap feel to it. I eventually passed on the Seirra and ended up back in an F150. It has the 3.5L ecoboost engine. Man, this thing is fast. Overall, I love the truck. Ford's just seem to be getting better and better. Glad I stayed with the F150.

Power Loss - Violent engine shake\shutter 10,800 k
By B.Wenzel

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My truck is 6 months old and has 10,800 miles. As in drove home from work during rush hour traffic the engine shut down and went into "limp mode" at 65 mph. There were 3 warnings icons: #1 Service Advancetrac, #2 Wrench Icon "see manual", #3 Hill start assist not available. Later the engine light came on. Ford Roadside towed the truck to the dealer, my research found 100 of complaints about is engine shutdown on Ecoboost engines.

The engine will idle at 1000 rpm extremely rough, but pressing the gas pedal does nothing. Very dangerous when driving in heavy traffic, as all you can do is coast to a stop. Turning off the engine and restart did get the engine moving for another mile before it shut down again.

Beware of this for your safety and your family. I also saw another review here with a similar issue, so it may not be insolated.

*****UPDATE******* June 2016 Problem was the THROTTLE BODY. Dealer replaced under warranty.

F-150 King of the Ranch
By F150 King

2015 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first time owning a Ford F-150 and I wish I would have gotten into a F-150 much sooner. I've owned both Chevy and Dodge over the years and can say without hesitation that the 2015 Ford F-150 is an awesome truck! It provides a very comfortable ride, while still giving the feeling of being in a truck. The 5.0L engine (same one that is in the Mustang) is powerful and enhances the ride with a nice throaty sound from the exhaust. I have used it towing a horse trailer. It is hard to remember that you have something attached to the truck, it tows that easily. In fact, my wife enjoyed driving the truck while towing the trailer, normally she avoids driving while towing. My truck comes with the 6 speed automatic that can be driven as a manual and includes both a Tow and Sport function. You know you are in Sport, with quicker shifts from the transmission and the increase horse power right out of first gear. The technology of the truck is amazing and can be a bit overwhelming, I have to refer back to the manual on occasion. However, I am using all of the features available on this truck, which provides so much convenience. An example is the tow settings that allow you to hook up a trailer and set the brake control, while it knows what type of trailer you have connected. You then can save the trailer settings and the truck will remember it each time you hook it up.

I purchased this truck in Beaumont, TX at Kinsel Ford and drove it back 1200 miles, with my horse trailer, back to Wisconsin. It was a fantastic drive back without any issues. The dealership provided me with the best experience in buying my 2015 King Ranch overall and above any other vehicle I have purchased. I had to utilize their service department before leaving and they provided great customer service and speed in getting the issue taken care of.