So far, so good
By Danny on
2010 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)
I had a 2006 GMC Canyon that didn't survive being the meat in an Explorer/Dump Truck sandwich. So, went looking for a new truck, decided (thanks to the no-bailout policy) to go Ford. After looking around, determined the FX4 was the truck for me. I've had it Since late May, and made one 2500 miles trip with my family of 5 to 5 states. Everyone had room, plug ice chest and books/DVDs/pillows. All 3 car seats fit in back, with (minimal) seat room to spare. It's got a 700 watt sub, which sounds great. Moon roof extra, but kinda cool. Love the space, and I'm getting about the same mileage on the 2010 FX4 as I did on the 2006 Canyon, only with lots more weight/truck/engine (V8 vs I5, both 4WD).
Favorite Features
We really like the spacious cab, MS Sync (wish text messages option worked on more phones - WinMo 6.5, and it doesn't work?), power, decent gas mileage. Great safety ratings, too!
Suggested Improvements
Get MS Sync to work with MS Mobile phones fully. Get headrests that 'lean' forward/back like in other vehicles - not locked into the 'full forward' spot. The transmission shifts funky in city driving (75 mile round trip with traffic commute daily).