Used 1995 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Explorer

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Satisfied so far
By Wags

1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV

Switched out from a 99 4Runner to lose car payment. Biggest difference is in the ride. Much harsher than the 4Runner, noiser too. Power from the v6 adequate but I live in CO at 5500 ft so this is expected (4Runner wasn't much different). I have always had Ford or Toyota vehicles and been satisfied with both. These trucks are very good for the money. Much more interior room than 4Runner. Gas mileage around 15-16. 4Runner was about 17-19.

No car payment! Roomy & comfortable interior. Nice exterior. Overall build quality good. Good 4wd system with a real LOW range. Reliable and easy to work on.

Standard V6 low on power but I knew that going in. Heated leather seat option would be nice. I will be adding this feature soon.

best vehicle
By Happy Driver

1995 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I've had this vehicle sence '95 new,bought it for the 2 doors and standard transmittion,and 4wd. I've had no major problems. Now It has 223000 mlies on it and still going. to bad ford did away with the 2 door explorer and the standard transmition. for that reason I hope my '95 holds up for another 5years or more...

A 2 door that is the size of most other modles 4 doors

Best Vehicle I've Owned
By Jerry

1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Very satisfied with the overall performance and reliability of the vehicle, am considering buying a new one next year.

Cargo room. Comfort. Style.

More compartments. More stable. Cruse control controls.

194k and still tickin'
By IBO

1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this vehicle from my parents over a year ago. My mom used it for her main vehicle. Bought it with 183k miles on it, but I knew this vehicle's history since I was a kid when it was purchased. It now has 194k miles on it and it is running as good as new. Hasn't leaked one drop of any fluid. I routinely get 20-22 mpg with a mix of city/highway driving. Still nice to drive. Body has very little rust. Paint is still great. Wash/polish/wax as often as possible. This vehicle is a testament to what happens if you take care of a car. I expect to take this Explorer to 250k miles. Maybe more. One of the best Fords myself or my family has owned!

Interior room, 4x4 is great with WI winters. Quiet, great fuel economy for an SUV.

Ride isn't as plush as other SUVs. More power would have been nice, but it does the job.

1995 Explorer
By tswopejr

1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Has the six cylinder in it. Ok on gas mileage, could be better. Never had a major break down. Still running strong at 147,000 miles.

Running boards, cargo space, moon roof and luggage racks on top. Also love the rear a/c, and stereo controls.

Gas mileage. Also, fix the floating gas gage. (Floats at 1/3 tank and gives false readings).