1995 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Great car, if u take car of it
By afiretofight on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

we've had this car in the family since it was first purchased, and it has been running until last last year. It had been through 4 accidents, repeated trips of over 500 miles, driven 100 miles a days, 5 days a week, for 9 years, and if we had taken car of it better, the 4wd would still work(dont drive with it on 4wd auto all the time), along with the ball joints), and other minor things. Tranny died because car had 182000 miles on it, but it ran fine until then

Great SUV
By daveace37 on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Limited new .The only thing I have done is change oil and a new set of tires.My car is Irus Frost I still get comments on the looks and the color .It only has 5300 miles and still smells new with the leather. PS a heat sencer when new...

Wow
By RX-8 Mars on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV

Wasn't looking for an explorer, but when I saw one and test drove it, i loved it. Went searching and found my Limited. It was my first car I bought myself, and I would give it up for anything.... well except for a CTS or RX-8. It has never failed me, always started and never stopped.

Disappointed
By PikesPeak on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

My husband and I bought our Explorer 18 months ago from his father, who owned it for six months and who knew the owner prior to that. The point is that we are familiar with the vehicle's history and know of no abuse. The vehicle has almost 111,000 miles on it. Today we found out the transmission has to be replaced, so we are very disappointed. We never have been overjoyed with this vehicle - the ride is very rough, the automatic climate control doesn't work well, and we can't seem to get comfortable in the seats. We're debating on unloading it and getting something else.

If not for the transmission!
By JDM428 on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Explorer Expedition 2dr SUV 4WD

After 135000 miles and 1 rebuilt and 3 remanufactured transmissions we have loved all but the obvious. The engine control module was replaced with the last transmission 36000 miles ago and our fingers are crossed. Great ride and interior comfort combined with an exceptional sound system has kept this vehicle in the driveway despite the transmission problem. Best in the snow we have ever had!

good old ford
By cybercookie on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I found a great deal on a 1995 ford explorer with some miles on it (72387). I looked it over and saw that is was in OK shape so I took a chance. I spent money changing belts and oils and have had NO major problems since. This is my 3rd year with the SUV and I have 146678 on it now...I just changed out the front hubs ($800) and am going to do the same to the rear next month. Bought the ford for $9,900 out the door (cash) and besides my changing out the "tune-up" items and regular fluid changes/mantaince I really can not complain. This is a great family hauler/off road/ moving stuff SUV...it has always been able to do what I needed it too.

What a great SUV
By ckbeartn on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV

I love this thing....no maintentance, great ride, easy on gas....what more could you ask for???????????

Still Kicking!
By 218K&Counting on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this SUV in 3/00 w/ nearing 165K mi in it. Starts up easily and still runs great. Lots of traveling and daily driving to work. New fuel pump, thermostat, some minor emission parts due to engine indicator lights on. Rear differential was the only major repair. 4WD only during snow season. Flowmaster muffler & K&N air filter. No oil or transmission leak. In shop only when needed major service and/or repair and I can't do it myself. Better and low reading on the last emission test before I made those minor emission parts changed. Guaranteed it will pass the '04 emission test easily and another 100Kmi or more depending on the new owner.

Sporty and Fun
By Bob Carignan on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

For an American-made car and first year of this model redesign, this car has been excellent and reliable.

I love my Ford Explorer.
By Catherine Mansolilli on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this vehicle because we now owned a cottage in the Maine lakes region and needed 4 wheel drive. I am the main driver and I can't say enough about it. It has over 150,000 miles and the only major problem has been the fuel pump. Grant it that we have been very fortunate in that regard, although my husband is faithful about checking the vehicle and changing the oil and rotating the tires. I would recommend the 1995 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition to anyone.