2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
blown plug
By smiley on 12/21/09 21:10 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

I enjoy driving my peppy beast. It commands alot of attention and respect on the road. I'm not saying i'm a bully but sometimes the sheer girth lets me make headway thru intersections. Its not a gas guzzler like reported or reviewed because it was not made for fuel economy. It carries and pulls. Lets be real people.

Best Big vehicle ever owned
By 2000 Ford Excursion on 05/22/09 12:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

I bought my 2000 Excursion off the CarMax website out of Dallas Texas without even seeing it in person. I trusted the salesman & he was honest enough to tell me the truth. He said the vehicle was in great shape so I had it shipped to Houston & when I saw it I fell in love with it before I ever drove it. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! It has the towing power to pull my travel trailer without bottoming out the gas gauge and it pulls like it has nothing behind it. Does not sway and handled so much safer than the 2 previously owned Surburans I had. It has a V10 and is great on gas. On the open road I get between 15 and 20 mpg and never less than 12 while towing anything. I now have 125,000 miles.

My Excursion
By Ryan Goodlett on 12/01/05 19:23 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

One thing is that people forget that the Excursion is built on an F250 chassis, thats why it does not ride like a SUV. Also I have never done anything other than preventive maintenance.

LOVE IT
By wade on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

I thoroughly enjoy driving the excursion. It is an automobile that I feel safe in and have good visibility. The Excursion for us has been great for pulling our horse trailer and for hauling the high school tennis team. Wish you would continue to make them.

"THE EXCURSION EXPERIENCE"
By jerry brittain on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

Ford has really out done themseleves with this vehicle. I remeber when it first came out. everyone including myself said it was way too big of a vehicle. Since actually purchasing one couldn't be happier. It fulfills all of our family needs. We espicailly like the way the vehicle can comfortably seat all of our children and their friends on ocassion. We also really enjoy driving the vehicle. for as large as it is it is extremely easy to drive.

I Love This Vehicle !
By Laura Ryan on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

Terrific towing and family vehicle. The diesel runs flawlessly and I have 66,000 and have never had a problem. After 3 2500 Suburbans this car is heaven ! No comparison on the quality of design and innovativeness of features

Excursion Diesel
By John Anderson on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

I've had my Diesel Ex for two years. The only issue I've had with it was the back up warning system giving false warnings. The dealer fixed it in one service call. Excellent towing capability and decent fuel mileage (~18mpg) considering the size of the vehicle.

2000 Excursion
By Will on 03/14/02 11:26 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV

Our 2000 limited replaces a 1986 Suburban. We tend to keep our cars a long time. The Suburban was a reliable and hard working truck. Our Excursion is essentially the same size as our old Chevy, gets better gas mileage, and tows our trailer with ease. Mileage solo is a constant 15mpg on the highway, we do not use it as a town car. It is comfortable, quiet, and thus far reliable. The Excursion easily fits in our garage. We feel that our new truck is very appropriate for our life style.