2002 Crown Vic
By lewme on
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
These cars are a raging bargain! For the price of a well-equipped Camry you can have the smoothness and power of a V8 engine and room for six. This is my sixth Crown Vic or Grand Marquis and I am skewing the averages for age of ownership, since I owned my first one at age 31 (I'm now 44). Just try finding a comparable V8-powered, rear-wheel-drive sedan for under $40k. If you rule out the Crown Vic's uppity cousin, the Lincoln Town Car, the pool of contenders is left largely to the German and Japanese luxury marques--Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Infiniti and Lexus. And none of those will accommodate six passengers.
Favorite Features
The leather interior is tastefully restrained. The equipment offered represents true luxury with extravagance. It has everything I really want without a lot of equipment I don't need, which helps keep the price/value ratio in the sweet spot.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see steering-wheel radio controls on all models. The flat instrument panel allows for great legroom but makes for a long reach. Armrests with storage compartments would be a nice touch as well.