Mileage - A true account
By spammed on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
You'll receive 80% of what you've paid for. Does not go over 25 mph from stop to gas engine engage. Use the heater and lights and mpg goes to around 27 at 60 mph with cruise. Summer with air conditioning gets 35 mpg in town if you're lucky. Colder, higher country (Idaho, Montana, etc) doesn't carry CMax on their lots. Lots of gleeming claims on various sites, maybe a lot of marketing sending spam? I've spoken with other actual owners and they report the same problems. I have over 4,000 miles & been in twice for "updates" on system, maybe now my clock will keep better time and my smart phone will sync up every time - but I'm not holding my breath.
Favorite Features
The vehicle is easier than most to get into and out of. The ride is comfortable and fairly low in road noise.
Suggested Improvements
There appears to be a lot of wasted effort put into leaves, heater/air conditioner settings and compass. Where are the readouts for outside tempeture? Why no main menu for all dashboard readouts, maybe with picture examples? If you can actually get 47 mpg as advertised, why don't you allow the consumer to see manufacturers' instructions on how to achieve that mileage prior to purchase? Why don't you go ahead and change the name to Pinto Hybrid now - you gotta know it's coming.