Ford Wonder Hybrid
By jus_a_cmax on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Firstup, when I went to the dealership at Galpin, I had no intention of testing nor buying a CMax, the Ford Fusion was it. The Prius was considered but I did not like the performance nor the handling, yes, I understand performance-hybrid are oxymorons. The CMax blew me away as an overall package for my needs. Being a hybrid was a huge advantage for my line of work where I drive alot, the interior space allowed me carry all my fun toys on the weekend snow trips, the Sync system rocks especially the Sony surround sound, SYNC Nav is nice with the big easy to see screen at a glance.
Favorite Features
Based on my experience - the CMax is outstanding in steering (precise), handling (corners tightly like any FWD), performance (0-60 in 7.5sec YES you blow some gas), interior roominess and quality, quality build - this car does not have any creeks or rattles - it's rock solid. The view of the road is amazing, you see everything. There are many complaints about the mileage but thus far, I am averaging around the mid 40s. As I write, I have a tank that is 405 miles on 46.3MPG with 60% Fwy. Owners need to learn to drive a hybrid, it ain't no gas guzzling car so be smmmoooth, use EV and not come to a screeching stop at the red lights as you use to - you're not going anywhere at a red light.
Suggested Improvements
Ford's full EV cut off at 63mph was silly, they should have made it 65mph for more practical driving experience. A powered front passenger seat was expected in the SEL but oh no. A folding powered side mirrors should have been there but oh no, manual fold. It's an SEL so these 2 features should have been there for a high end. Could I ask for a slightly bigger battery for more EV runs? Overall, a super car but you have to change your driving habits from flooring the pedal in a gas guzzler to utilizing and optimizing the hybrid features to get the MPGs. I have mid 50s and 60+MPG on over 100+ mile runs and still drive a the speed limit with little to no city, it's there but know your CMax.