1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shadow model:
Still the Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned!
By bladeedge12 on 08/27/12 01:53 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

My 1994 Dodge Shadow ES was my second car, but the first one I bought myself. It is still the best vehicle I have owned and I'm only on my 7th vehicle! I regret the day I traded it in, but I got a 1999 Chrysler Concorde for it. I miss my Shadow. Should've kept it and restored it.

My first car....and best car
By slowfastshadow on 11/12/09 07:15 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

this is my first car and it was the clanest old car i have ever seen. i put a straight pipe on mine, and window tint with a custom spoiler. this car is just a project, i drive it everywhere but i am going to keep dressing it up. my engine is a v6 so it has some balls. it has a new transmission putt in before i got it with only 69,000 miles on it.

Great Car
By Jerry on 12/28/08 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

Purchased new in 12/93 for my trip cross coutry. The 3.0 V6 was impressive stock, but with a couple minor changes (cold air intake, high flow cat & muffler, larger tires & wheels) it would keep up with Mustangs and Camaros of that year. Ran a 14.0 qtr mile at Maple Grove. As a soldier in the US Army I travelled and the Shadow took me everywhere from Louisiana to Alaska. Over 30K / year for the first 4 years with no problems. Went through lots of tires, but that was my heavy foot, not the car.

Race
By moparman on 06/12/08 13:30 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car already torn down, i am using this car to race at a circle track. The car is completely stock no improvements. It is very fast (won the first and only race so far) I race against people who put 2 grand into the car with performance stuff i bought the car for $450 and have put about $250 into it but that is expected with a race car. Only thing I've had to replace was rack and pinion and a starter(plugs and wires)

My Shadow Caries Me.
By Carl French on 03/29/06 18:25 PM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

I have enjoyed my Shadow and have found it to be very reliable and economical. I travel a lot of highway miles and it has never let me down when I needed it. It even survived a break enter and theft by a young car thief.

Solid car- 9 years, no major repairs
By TJ2 on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new in April 1994 and have had no major repairs. My car has a manual transmission with overdrive and has required no major repairs at 95,000 mi. Odometer and speedometer don't function when outdoor temperatures exceed 90 F, but in Oregon that doesn't happen much. Automatic seatbelt has continued to function well. Driver side mirror has come out of its track periodically since it was new. (fixed 3 times under dealer warranty, fixed at home since then. Our fixes last longer.) Good handling in rain/snow and starts in sub-zero weather.

Fast Car V6 141+ HP
By cenva on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

3.0 L Very fast and low Q! Smooth engine.

This car is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By alice on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

This is so much beter than the Dodge Neon, the Dodge Omni glh, but the Ford thunderbird is also sweet.

Nothing but trouble
By notadodgefan on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

I purchased the car second hand from a dealership in 1998. It had 34,000 miles and I've put 38,000 on it. In the last 3 years the car has not ran properly for more than 2 consecutive months due to some electrical problem nobody (dealerships and licensed mechanics) seems to be able to find.

I love It!!!
By Baxinator4 on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

I am a proud owner of a '94 ES V6. I've had it for 7 years and have over 100,000 miles on it. There have been no serious problems. My only complaints are the noise that is typical with older Chryslers, and the overall fit and finish is very simple. On average the car gets between 20-24mpg in the city and I always get around 28mpg on long trips on the highway. The car feels quick and has lots of torque for a car of its size. DO NOT buy one with an automatic transmission. My brother had a '92 Duster (same car as the shadow) with an auto that was replaced 3 times and is typical of Chryslers. This car is definitely a great buy.