Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Black Beauty
By Jerry

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I like the power of my Hemi. Turning is great compared to my old F250. Has 100 more horsepower and weighs 1000lbs less than the ford. The tire pressure light stay on unless you run 80LBS of air in the tires. Tows my 5th wheel with ease and with the long bed I have room for my across the bed tool box and still have room for my hitch. Plenty of room for turning the trailer when parking. With the HD option you have trouble lowering the rear end to the overloads. I haven't enjoyed driving a pickup as much in a long time. If you need a work truck for a decent price and fuel mileage it is a hard truck to beat. The only thing would change is go with upgraded interior and better paint.

The engine, no power problems here, 8' long bed. looks. The brakes are great. Locking rear end. I don't know if I like the trailer and operating out of overdrive options or not.

I would like to have 16" wheels as I feel the only thing the 17" tires do is add to the price. I think that power seats would be make the truck fit more drivers. My wife can't see the hood due to the wiper blades. With power seats she would be able to raise it to see better.

POOR TOWING AND FUEL MILEAGE
By Fed up with Dodges

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Poor towing, will not pull 5300 lbs trailer weight. Shifted 191 times in 140 miles. Fuel mileage 5 mile to the gallon. Dodge refuses to fix truck. I have owned over 40 new trucks..Dodge tells me I do not know how to drive one. This truck is a 2500HD 4 wheel drive Hemi. The worst truck I have ever owned. I am going back to Chevrolet. I even went to the Better Business Bureau to get this truck fixed with no success. Dodge refuses to fix the truck. They say there is nothing wrong with it. Which is a big lie.

The color was a beautiful red.

Fix the dag gum transmission. If the transmission would work right it would be a half way decent truck to drive.

Can Not fix my Truck
By Dan.Skillman

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck, my 2500 dodge with the 6.7 in it on Feb 2008. It has been in the dealers shop 11 times now and is in there as we speak. I have turned it over to my lawyer with the lemon law and are waiting to see what the court is going to do with them going bankrupt. Truck runs great when I slam the fuel to it. But it jerkes all the time no matter what the speed. I just wish the dealers would get some real mechanics and not part changers. I am a Diesel Mechanic myself. The dealer has replaced the turbo and many, many sencers,they do not know what to do. Plus the factory does not help at all. Getting around 15-16 MPG. I did get 17 onces but I was going 45 MPH in Yellowstone Park!!!

Exhaust brake, Power when it runs

Get Mechanics at the dealer shops. FIX THE 6.7 ENGINE

Emission problem nightmare
By Daryl Hauser

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I had a check engine the 2nd. week of purchase; and they haven't quit. I am now waiting for a new and improved turbo, jacob brake,what ever you call it, burned up the first one. Old turbo had been cleaned and reassembled, reset light, and regenerated, to only come back on again! I wish that I had my 05 5.9 back! I was told to drive with turbo on always until the new one comes in. I am pissed off about all of the trips to dealer. I was suckered into buying the "free" 3000 mile oil changes. Not anymore! They can shove their oil changes! Some mech. wallowed my cooling fins flat and to top it off I was 2(two)quarts over the full line! I am investigating the Lemon laws in Oregon.

Can't put a lot of mileage on a truck in the shop. Turbo on in town jerks to oldies music. Paint color is all that I have as a favorite.

Give me my 05 5.9 Quad back and credit the payments I have been making on this junk. I don't dare wander too far away from a dealer, ie, go on vacation or over 20 miles from home.

Satisfied - but...
By Canuck

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a Dodge Ram 2500 with 6.7l Cummins... Love the drive line... Front suspension issues - had to replace 4 ball joints & 2 front shocks at 18000 miles... mostly highway driving. (and I'm not plowing snow w/ this truck) While the rest of the truck seems bullit proof, I have concerns about the longevity of the front end on this 4 x 4 truck...

6.7 Cummins is a big improvement over the 5.9 Cummins - torque & usable power curve are superior. Can haul 2200 lbs at highway speeds over long distance very comfortably - no shifting - hunting on the trans. - nice positive transmission shifts on 6A... Exhaust brake works great!

Would definitely like to see ball joints w/ grease fittings as OE... will likely need to do ball joints again prior to warranty lapsing and then upgrade to aftermarket balljoints with grease fittings