2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
6.7 Diesel Stay away from it !
By chans480 on 09/04/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle new, it is my 5th diesel. Just dropped it off third time dealing with engine hesitation. Finally got a straight answer from service tech. Stating that the 6.7 diesel has had major problems after 12,000 plus miles. Define major? Well my truck is having soot build up in the exhaust and to fix the problem it is costing Dodge $5000.00 to the factory, $10,000 to the end user if it wasn't under warranty. They don't idle well at all. In Dodge's rush to get this to the market they screwed up. I was reassured that it has a 100,000 mile warranty. Wow that makes me feel great I Wonder what the resale value will be on this once word gets out. What's lower than free?

Excellent Truck - Cummins 6.7 Rocks!
By TheWeasel on 08/06/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have owned the truck for 2+ months so far and love it! Have the 6.7 L Cummins Turbo Diesel. With only 3500 miles so far I was getting 18-19 Hwy Mpg on a recent vacation trip. I expect to do much better once the engine is broken in. The exhaust brake is awesome and a big help when pulling a trailer in mountainous terrain. MegaCab provides roomy comfort for the entire family. Four Wheel drive in the sand at Cape Hatteras was no problem at all. I found that the slightly stiffer ride on the road really paid off when the wheels left the pavement. It handled the bumps off road with ease and gave excellent off road performance. btw - The stiffer ride goes away with a trailer or payload too.

6.7L Cummins Disaster
By mc1374 on 08/04/08 15:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

With 8 check engine lights and a diesel exhaust odor that comes from the vents with the AC/Heater on when the truck comes top a stop. A total of nine trips to the dealer for repairs. I would not advise any one to purchase a Dodge Ram with the new 6.7 Liter Cummins Engine. I now have to hire a lawyer(Lemon Law) to have this truck bought back because Chrysler will not work with me on a vehicle swap. Other than that its a good truck, fun to drive and built solid. But how Chrysler has treated me after owning 4 other Dodge trucks. I will be going to buy a GM truck after this one is bought back.

Best Overall Value
By benjaminak on 07/30/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

My wife and I just got back from a 10 year anniversary trip to Kauai, Hawaii and were put into a 2008 Toyota Corolla rental car. First we were surprised by the fuel efficiency but when we returned home to our 2008 Dodge Ram hemi we realized that there was no comparison in the overall value. The comfort and utility was such a contrast to what we had rented that we both were very grateful we had made the right decision for our active family of four. Everywhere we drive we get nods of approval and our truck has gotten us safely through rugged Lake Tahoe winters and roads that the little Corolla couldn’t dream of.

Looking for my brothers
By UNHAPPY LOYALISTS on 07/09/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SXT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This too is my 6th Dodge truck and second turbo diesel in last 15 years. I trade a perfectly good 2005 2500 Diesel 4WD truck for this one for one reason, THE SPACE IN THE BACK SEAT. And I haven't been disappointed in that area, megacab is awesome. But this is the only good thing about this truck. I have had nothing but problems with the "check engine" sensor going off constantly. I have put 18,000 miles on this truck in 6 months and in that time I have had it in service at least 12 times for the same thing. An O2 sensor had to be replaced before I ever took it off lot. I have also had numerous service calls on the tire inflation sensor. Could be great truck. Anyone else having this?

Emissions causing trouble (turbo)
By 2500 6.7 Diesel on 06/12/08 10:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 ST 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The truck would be great if the new emissions regulations would not be causing so much trouble. Second time in 4 months the turbo needs replacing and seems every other month having to have it cleaned. When pulling a load shifts very hard. Also, since having trouble with the emissions, was told by dealership had to run with exhaust brake so now have to turn that on every time start the truck, should be automatic.

Dodge 4x4 Diesel 6.7 engine
By john on 03/24/08 15:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Dodge truck, and 2nd diesel. The driveablity of this truck is fantastic, power is awesome, comfort is great for a HD truck. Haven't towed too much with it yet, but it does well there with plenty of power. The Major Letdown of this truck is the fuel economy. I get 10 around town and 13 on the highway at 75 MPH. And this is with the 3.73 gears. Other 6.7 owners I know have had the same experience.

2008 Dodge 2500 w/6.7 Cummins
By scott on 03/18/08 11:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the 2008 Dodge 2500 with the 6.7 Cummins Diesel. After test driving the Chevy and Ford the decision on what type of truck to buy was easy. Dodge all the way! I tow a 27' boat that weighs 9500 lbs and it tows with ease. The mega cab is a must. What a difference, especially if you have passengers. The gas mileage is decent and keeps improving. I would suggest this vehicle to anyone who wants to buy a truck,

2008 RAM 2500 Quad-Cab 4X4 SLT Diesel
By Roy on 03/13/08 14:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Only 2500 miles on this truck so far, so things may change. Very quiet for a diesel, very powerful and turbo spools very quickly. Ride quality poor relative to competitors, still is pretty quiet. 6-Speed manual is not very smooth shifting, and takes a while to get used to. Interior design pretty good in my eyes, not a lot of wasted space and the rear fold-flat floor a great idea. So far fuel mileage is not great (14 mpg) but I've been pulling a light (4,000 lbs) trailer for half of the mileage. The Cummins engine is what sold me on this truck and I hope it proves to be a good decision. he Ford may be a worthy competitor though.

2008 Megacab 6.7L
By cjh on 02/20/08 10:58 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SXT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently took delivery of my truck and am very pleased with the vehicle. I have took the truck on 2 snowmobiling trips towing a 2400lb trailer.I was towing in a horrible storm and the truck drove perfectly. I replaced my 2005 Nissan Titan with this vehicle and this truck is so much superior to what I had. Towing, power, comfort, reliability. The diesel engine is even quieter than the titan gas motor. The ride is suprisingly good for a 3/4 ton,due to the long wheelbase. The transmission shifts smoothly. So far it has been reliable with no factory defects. Time will tell. Much happier with this truck and think buy American is where it's at in Truckland.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.