2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: RAM-1 OTHERS-0

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

Laramie Quad Cab (5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic 6.4 ft. Bed)

By pabubs on

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After testing all (and I mean ALL) other pickups in this class I chose Ram without hesitating. It offers everything I wanted and fit the bill perfectly. I put close to 3K miles on it on a X-country trip this summer and averaged 22MPG on the hwy and 16.5 in the city for 19.1 overall. It also will easily accommodate the 6K pound travel trailer I intend to purchase in the next year or two. Dollar-for-dollar it is the best choice available.

W/O a doubt the Hemi is the top selling feature. The exterior styling is by far more attractive than Ford/Chev/GM or any of the foreign brands. Interior design is a good ergonomic fit for me personally and the rear seat legroom and space is second to none. The under seat rear storage is very handy and a good use of otherwise 'dead' space. The towing capacity of the 5.7L beats the competition as well.

I've seen complaints about OE tires and somewhat agree, but have to add that I've never experienced anything 'good' on a new car from the factory.