2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Mil1lion! - One in a Million
By MR 1DRFL on 12/22/09 07:11 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Coming up on 3 years. Definitely unique amongst all the others out there. Owned a 2003 Lightning previously and let go prematurely; this one's better and rarer. One of the last built. Loaded w/all options. Fortunate to find sitting on the lot w/less than 60 miles. Deeply devalued due to hi gas prices of the time. Excellent all around vehicle choice - Viper like performance and equipment with the benefits of a P/U. Added a locking bed latch and a hitch & harness for a light utility trailer to haul dirty stuff. Around 15 MPG. No mechanical or quality problems. No end to the the thumbs up and positive comments when rolling down the highway. If you get the chance, buy it and enjoy driving it!

Great Truck !!
By Jeff Laymon on 09/12/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This has been a Great truck! I bought this truck to tow our new camper, which our old minivan had a tough time doing, even with a tow package. Also, this would be my wife's vehicle and needed to carry our three kids, with one still in an infant seat. We installed nerf bars so my wife could get in, the 20" wheels made it difficult for her, and she has been in love with it ever since. The Hemi pulls like a champ and after we installed a tonneau cover, our mpg went to 15/20! We towed our camper to FL and averaged 16.5 mpg! The only issue we've had is with the seat coverings, they show every water drop like its a stain. We had them replaced once, but they still do the same thing. Great Truck!

Great Truck
By Jerry Lund on 08/25/09 05:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

great overall only had one issue and that was the transmission pack went out so it wouldn't shift.

Three Years and still counting.....
By 2006RamCrazy on 07/28/09 19:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Well here's an update on my Ram. I've now had it 37 months and 36,600 miles with no real problems.. I've had to take it in two times...Door mirror was loose and chrome grill peeling.. They replaced both parts. I changed the rear end to a 4.56 so my mileage dropped to 15 but I wanted her to pull and she does just that with the new gears. She pulls our 28' boat effortlessly now. Overall great truck and considering trading it in on a 2009 (my 6th Ram).

Mega Cab
By Gavin on 07/01/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is great to put my 3 car seats in. Tons of room. Gas mileage w/4:10 gears 11.5-12.3 city, highway @75 13-15.5 mostly 13 though. I took a trip drove 75-80 got 12.8. Towing, the power is there the mileage is horrible pulled about 2000lbs got 9.3 towing mostly up hill. ON the way back got 10.9 mostly@75 both ways . But over all I really love the truck. Things seem to be holding up very well. I got the Laramie w/dvd&nav those are great features. The kids love it. This truck does not have the performance/mileage but more room and handles loads better than the 04 I used to have but it does o.k. I wish this was a diesel but it is a good truck and people in the back are compfortable.

service dept. cannot find any problem ?
By amk45 on 06/03/09 07:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

we purchased this truck, only 10,000 miles.does not do this all the time. in the last year have problem shaking,cold start, take off shakes really bad, than goes away,shakes more when we pull the boat, starts shaking when we take off then levels out? now shaking when we turn a corner hanna chryselr cannot find anything wrong, my warranty is about to expire,i even drove the truck in with the boat on it, and they could not get it to shake. could this be a tork converter? could this be the power steering is going bad?

One Strong Performer
By H. F. Espinoza on 05/25/09 14:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Hands down the most powerful truck I've ever owned. This truck is a top performer with the carrying and pulling capacity of a deisel. Pulls a trailer full of quads, loaded down with minimal effort. You'd hardly know you were pulling a trailer if were not for the rearview mirrors. Never owned a Dodge before this one. Mega Cab has the most spacious rear seat, great for long hauls. Mega cab styling is a head turner and powerful hemi an added bonus. I purchased this truck for my wife who has always driven SUV's. She wanted it for the long trips to Baja and the Grand Mesa in Colorado. I wanted it for pulling five full size quads plus trailer. Fuel economy? Minimal but acceptable. Santa Ana, Ca.

my mpg is 18.6 mpg on hemi
By skipper on 05/12/09 17:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had 30k on my slt quad cab 06 ,got the hemi and the 20" plus is 4x4, my truck color is the red inferno turns heads a lot with big horn package (towing ready,infinity sound,)nothing chance under the hood and still make 18.6 on the hwy going 60 to 65 mph with ac on !! the secret: dont go over 2000 rpm, driving in the city be very gentle on the gas. on this truck is enought the hemi badge to show others you have lot of balls use it when pulling trailers,loads,toys. i wish i could have bigger breakes, and more feedback from the wheel is soft and some times when you go on bump feel is missing. if the road is smooth you have a great ride but if not bounce a lot.this is for me the best looking t

i'll never but a ram again
By fc on 05/09/09 18:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The worse truck experience-- I have ever had. From day one this truck shimmied its way down the highway. within the first year I replaced, the rotors & brakes (at my cost), and within 2 years I had the brakes and rototrs turned again-- year three it need a brake job again. After 12 k miles like domino's, balljoints, tie rods, alignments, wheel bearings... The dealer actually acused me of driving on dirt roads & panick breaking. (Ram tough but no dirt roads?) I cant help I lived on a dirt road but it shook worse on the highway and on the dirt roads I drove slow. The 60k miles the transmission started to slip,What a piece of junk this truck is, I traded it in this week for a toyota- sad

unreliable, dangerous handling
By bry on 04/10/09 19:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

In 3 years I have had to put 3,300.00 into it. Front axle wore out, needed all new rotors and brakes within 2 years, and I had completed all dealer recommended maintenance, which ran me close to a grand alone. Standard mirrors are useless, cupholders are useless, seat belt covers routinely get hooked on your clothes and you go fishing under cars in a parking lot to find them. Emergency handling is non-existent. Sticker stated anti-lock brakes, little did I know that only meant the 2 rear wheels, which I discovered when I braked in the rain the truck went sliding sideways. A power plug went within 2 years, heat/ac fan went in 2 1/2 years, and it has stalled twice now due to electronics.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.