Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Update
By Jess

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This Truck is absolutely perfect in every way. No problems at all and has become quite peppy now that it's broken in. I'm averaging 17 mpg's around town and I got 21.6 on a short 500 mile trip. I only use Chevron fuel and Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil. I am extremely pleased with this new Dodge Ram. I can honestly say that this is the best Ram I've owned, ever! My only negative is that the Quad cab Ram is smaller then the Tundra double cab. Need the Mega Cab to get more cab space then Tundra. The Quad cab Ram is bigger in overall size but smaller in cab space.

Satelite radio. Heated mirrors and seats. True bucket seats. Under seat storage. Aggressive Looks

Larger quad cab. More power for the 4.7

Fun to drive
By adrian

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

I love my SRT10 Ram. It is fast and very responsive although the fuel ecomoney stinks. When clean it looks awesome and always fetches many compliments

Pure fun with the kids
By john

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

More power than you should have with the kids in the back seat. Every time I would punch it the kids would just laugh! Having a hard time keeping the wife out of it. A wolf in sheep's clothing. Pure fun!

More room in the back seat area

Frank Truck
By frank

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

A good looking truck, inside and out. Came with 20in wheels which make it stand out. And the price was low.

Color, 20in wheels

None at this time

My First Dodge
By MikeinSA

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Ford, Chevy, GMC, Toyota, and Nissan Titan. So I figured why not Dodge? I purchased a 2006 SLT Mega cab 2WD with the 5.7 Hemi. After my purchase co-workers were telling me "That Hemi is a gas hog". I guess that if you are used to driving a Honda Civic or one of the hybrid vehicles that would be a true statement. However if you are in the market for a full size truck you expect that 40- 50 mpg is not in your sights. I currently have 2675 miles on it. and average (with conservative driving habits) about 13.6 mpg city and 17.5 Hwy. Not bad for a 3/4 ton truck. Pulling a tandem axle trailer loaded I recieved approx 9 MPG.

Captain chairs with abundance of storage. Very smooth ride. Reclining back seats are great for long trips. Dodge has done a great job with light dispersment. the head lights are positioned great for dark roads. Fast response to electric seats and windows.

AC should have one more lower setting. Overhead console would be nice.